Canine flotation vests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlesaltwash

I am looking to find canine flotation vests that are more thana little foam thrown at some nylon. I have noticed in posted pictures of flotation vests that look like they fit well and do not hinder movement. Anyone have recommendations of brands that you like?

I bought a couple 2 years ago on Amazon for $20 each - they are well made and work well on our big dogs. They are not what I would consider flimsy. I just looked on Amazon, and the ones that look similar but not exact to what I bought are $24.99. There are some available for upwards of $60 on Amazon that look to have thicker nylon straps, etc. and others as cheap as $12.99. I'll be down this weekend and will see what the brand is and take a photo for you on my dogs.

We had one like this for our dog. Construction is great and you can use it to easily lift the dog out of the water. We used ours as a harness for rope work to lower her down cliffs too.

At the risk of offending nearly everyone, my idea would be to leave the canines at the nearest available canine hotel before arriving at the lake.

At the risk of offending nearly everyone, my idea would be to leave the canines at the nearest available canine hotel before arriving at the lake.
I'm one that isn't offended. Our dogs were tools and not family members(grew up ranching/farming), but to each their own(if they clean up after their family members).

I'm one that isn't offended. Our dogs were tools and not family members(grew up ranching/farming), but to each their own(if they clean up after their family members).
My sister's family is the same way - ranching heritage - and whenever they visit our home it drives them crazy that we have dogs in the house. They like dogs, but view them as tools as you say. To us, our dogs are family and treated to LP trips in all except the hot summer months, and we clean up after them (and pick-up other dogs droppings whose owners were not so diligent - unfortunately that seems to happen very often).

As promised above, I looked at the dog vests I have and they must be 'no-name' as there is not even a tag with the brand on them anywhere. So all I can add is that they were inexpensive from Amazon, and they work well using them 5 times a year. They do not seem sturdy enough to be used weekly all summer - have to pay more for that level of quality.

Thanks, Adair! The vest fits Clarabelle Fouche perfectly. She doesn’t know what to make of it yet but she’ll figure it out. No offense on any opinions, to each their own. Here’s mine. We are forever in Clara’s and all of our cowdogs debt. They have saved my horses and me countless miles and hours, saved us thousands of dollars in finding cattle, and have caught and held calves in brush too thick to force a horse. Clara is too stove up to do any ranch work even if we had any now, but that’s OK, she has a way more important job now. My wife has fallen in love with Lake Powell and boat camping. Unlike me she can only stand so many hours of fishing until she wants to get out and walk or hike. I worry about that. Clara gets to go with my wife on her hikes at powell and take care of her. I know she will run interference on snakes and would allow me to find Lisa in case of an accident. It’s not Clara’s responsibility to clean up after herself, it is mine. I do that since we all get to share this wonderful place.D94824D2-88D7-48F9-AC62-FB5E9A604A79.jpeg

You're right...Clarabelle Fouche doesn't exactly looked thrilled! Maybe we will run into you at the lake someday. I'd recognize that vest anywhere!!

My husband, Kenny, has been teaching our grandkids how to fish. Our granddaughter out fished him last year. Both fish she caught off the houseboat; the catfish Kenny estimated to be 9 or 10 pounds.

we went with "paws aboard" from amazon. neoprene jacket with reflective strips for visibility. was still working on finally fit so straps weren't hanging

Attachments

• IMG_1490.JPG
    IMG_1490.JPG
    381.2 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back