Camping gear ok on beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

powellobsessed

I just thought I’d throw this out there. A family that is coming down with us next week can’t come the day we planned so they are going to come down a day later. That leaves me to decide if I try to take all our camping gear coolers etc in one shot and take it slow ? Or do I make 2 trips ? My brother in law has always stayed back with our stuff to keep honest people honest since he will not be there this time I thought I’d get you opinions on the matter if I unload all our stuff on the beach by the loading ramp in bullfrog if I’d be still there for the second run? I have seen many people do this and never gave it a thought that anyone would take things but you never know these days. I will be in halls creek so the runs shouldn’t take more than an hour &1/2 to go and come back. Thanks all.

put er on the beach.....any electronics? ha..

no guarantee of course, but should be fine.....I wouldn't think twice about leaving items for a few hours. You leave things on the beach when you go out fishing or skiing.

I'd worry more about leaving your stuff at the ramp than at the beach. Either way, likely to be OK, but all it takes is "one" person to cause grief for you.

I've got to get my mindset back to being "most people are good people" after a few bad experiences on the lake this summer........

Could always just park the truck at the ramp with the stuff locked up inside and the flashers on...but then I guess you do risk NPS giving you grief, but an hour or so at the ramp with the truck might not cause too much alarm. Also you could park the truck and just run back up and get it when you return...if you don't want to make the walk call the lodge for a shuttle ride. 435-684-3032

I wouldn't worry about stuff on the beach. And I don't know what the difference is, but I would worry about leaving it at the ramp. And I wouldn't leave the truck there with the flashers on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back