Camping at Stanton Creek Campground in May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry

I will be pulling my pontoon behind my motorhome. Do think I will be able to camp near the water to leave my pontoon in the lake while we are camped for a week?

Yes.

However on about Thurdsday BEFORE Memorial Day things start to get crowded and the prime spots go quickly. Plan your dates accordingly.

From Stanton Creek, what's your recommendation for locating strippers and walleye for the second week in May?
Will the Walleye and Strippers be in the same area?
Appreciate any help for May fishing.

From Stanton Creek, what's your recommendation for locating strippers and walleye for the second week in May?

Will be there at the same time. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago, at one of the rallies at Stanton, C &C (Carol & Clell) caught many walleye off the haystacks right off Stanton Creek Campground. Sorry I can’t help you on catching them as I only catch 1 or 2 per trip if I’m lucky. Stripers are also close in Bullfrog bay to Moki canyon. Sq

Last edited:
Water level in May is also a concern in Stanton. As the lake recedes, the shore gets steeper and rockier. Stanton gets smaller and is subjected to more wind along the main channel. It is hard to project how it will be for camping and site availability until you get there.

If you find the strippers, please let the rest of us know! I'm still yet to ever get into a good school of strippers. We find the occasional stripper, but it's usually a fluke -- and typically it's not a very pleasant thing. For some reason the Powell strippers are mostly of poor quality. Hopefully the temps will be warming in May and the strippers will become a little more active?

Now, for the walleye and stripers....typical areas: troll the backs of the bays and find the drop-offs.

If you find the strippers, please let the rest of us know! I'm still yet to ever get into a good school of strippers. We find the occasional stripper, but it's usually a fluke -- and typically it's not a very pleasant thing. For some reason the Powell strippers are mostly of poor quality. Hopefully the temps will be warming in May and the strippers will become a little more active?

Now, for the walleye and stripers....typical areas: troll the backs of the bays and find the drop-offs.
Is there cell service up around Bull Frog ?

No AT&T service at Stanton at all. Both AT&T & Verizon at Bullfrog proper. 1st time at Stanton really needs a scout vehicle rather than driving the RV all over looking for a campsite or out to get supplies. You will be at a minimum of 6+ miles from the highway down a REALLY CRAPPY ROAD. No services at all. Ask if you want more info. I have made 6 trips to Powell this year, 2 stays in GHB shore camping, 2 in Stanton RV camping and 2 in the Bullfrog Campground with the RV. Where are you coming from? Sq

Last edited:
No AT&T service at Stanton at all. Both AT&T & Verizon at Bullfrog proper. 1st time at Stanton really needs a scout vehicle rather than driving the RV all over looking for a campsite or out to get supplies. You will be at a minimum of 6+ miles from the highway down a REALLY CRAPPY ROAD. No services at all. Ask if you want more info. I have made 6 trips to Powell this year, 2 stays in GHB shore camping, 2 in Stanton RV camping and 2 in the Bullfrog Campground with the RV. Where are you coming from? Sq
Nutrioso , Az straight down 191

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back