Bullfrog

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyhackle

Escalante-Class Member
Fished red canyon all day Friday. Cast ned rigs, curly tails, crank baits and trolled anchovy, crank baits and bottom bouncer with worms harness. Ended up catching 10 striper on lucky strike pointers in ghost shadow. Casting on a gravel beach in 3 to 6 ft of water. At the end of Red Canyon where the creek runs in.

20200320_154613.jpg20200320_154502.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave is right on about the temps. I did see 56.4 degree water in bullfrog bay in shallows past dome rock. still didnt catch anything there either.

3 pm in the afternoon. Went back the next day and tried really hard, same place, same lures and nothing. It was just really tough for us. Still a great trip though.

I don’t know how we didn’t see you. That’s where we fished Saturday, Sunday, and again early Monday. We caught 14 on Saturday between 2-6pm then only 6 on Sunday from 1-5. None on Monday, but we did catch several of the largest smallies of the trip Monday on our way back to Bullfrog.

I don’t know how we didn’t see you. That’s where we fished Saturday, Sunday, and again early Monday. We caught 14 on Saturday between 2-6pm then only 6 on Sunday from 1-5. None on Monday, but we did catch several of the largest smallies of the trip Monday on our way back to Bullfrog.
I believe you went between me and greyhackle Saturday afternoon and you continued up the creek, you asked us if we were catching crappie. Was that you? We caught the biggest SM that I have caught at LP too.

Fished red canyon all day Friday. Cast ned rigs, curly tails, crank baits and trolled anchovy, crank baits and bottom bouncer with worms harness. Ended up catching 10 striper on lucky strike pointers in ghost shadow. Casting on a gravel beach in 3 to 6 ft of water. At the end of Red Canyon where the creek runs in.

View attachment 7086View attachment 7087
Exactly our recipe last week in Iceberg, exact recipe to the ghost lucky... 6' water

PFD,We fished straight out from you in Red Canyon when you were pulled up on shore. We were in the Hewes Craft Sportsman 160 and Dave was in the Thunder Jet. At that time I think I was trying bottom bouncers. There were a ton of fish in 26 ft of water right there. I was hopeing they might be walleye the way they were laying on the bottom. We tried about everything but couldn't buy one.
What kind of boat were you in? Did you build it or have it custom built? t looked like a perfect boat for Ketchikan AK.

There is always schools of stripers hanging around that island in the back of Red Canyon. Several humps and bumps on the north side that make it easy to spoon them.

Wow from all the posts I just read Dworwood and I are lucky we got out of there Sunday, before they locked us in. Can you imagine having to be quarantined at Powell till this blew over. Ill bet my cell phone would have lost its charge before I got released :giggle:
Imagine how expensive it would be after "they" back charged you for all those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back