Bullfrog trip Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbass

We'll be staying on K dock in the slips. Will try to remember to monitor the radio. See forgot already

I don't have any house boat dates in Sept. Might get down if I find a place to stay. Oct 5th I'll be down with the wife for a week for sure. I'll have to miss Howard's memorial if it is the weekend before. Dang it. After that I'll be down in Nov. For sure. Hope to see you sometime.

Ok keep in touch. I'm sure I'll get several unplanned trips in this fall. It's my favorite time for fishing and seeing everybody. Must be residual shad rally thoughts ha ha ha

We'll be staying on K dock in the slips. Will try to remember to monitor the radio. See forgot already

Looks like a good time for another plug for ww members to use the DSC functionality on their.
Monitoring your radio it's likely you will miss a call, use the DSC group call to signal 1 to many boats at once.

On your radio:
- From the DSC menu select group call
- pick a channel for all other radios that hear the call to automatically switch to (ex. 78)
- select the Wayneswords group code from the list (you did already enter that right?)
- then select transmit.

Your radio will transmit a DSC group call, any WW member that has also saved that group number, their radio will ring, and switch to Ch78. Never miss a radio call again.

Wayneswords Group MMSI#: 022 222 222
- From DSC/setup menu, select groups
- Add a group Wayneswords with group mmsi of 022 222 222
Your radio will now ring, if any other member sends a group call to that MMSI.

Simple, give it a try!

More info at this post:
https://wayneswords.net/threads/keep-dsc-equipped-vhf-radios-turned-on-24-7.690/

Thanks Grant, I will have to try to set it up. Not sure if my SeaRay is compatable for this, but I'm pretty sure the Hooligan Too is set up

Last edited by a moderator:
Love to see the northlake comraderie!!

That is why the SHAD Rally's were so awesome.. Some of my best friendships have spawned from them.
I know a lot of people personally on this board and more that aren't here any longer. Over the last 20 years particpating in rally's I have met many friends.
We hade Wayne at the north a bunch and every time we were at the south rally's he was always there.

He even flew to bullfrog once with Chuck and others!!!

Great times and so many memories!

Some of us even end up in Mexico once a year to hang out!

Looks like a good time for another plug for ww members to use the DSC functionality on their.
Monitoring your radio it's likely you will miss a call, use the DSC group call to signal 1 to many boats at once.

On your radio:
- From the DSC menu select group call
- pick a channel for all other radios that hear the call to automatically switch to (ex. 78)
- select the Wayneswords group code from the list (you did already enter that right?)
- then select transmit.

Your radio will transmit a DSC group call, any WW member that has also saved that group number, their radio will ring, and switch to Ch78. Never miss a radio call again.

Wayneswords Group MMSI#: 022 222 222
- From DSC/setup menu, select groups

- Add a group Wayneswords with group mmsi of 022 222 222
Your radio will now ring, if any other member sends a group call to that MMSI.

Simple, give it a try!

More info at this post:

https://wayneswords.net/threads/keep-dsc-equipped-vhf-radios-turned-on-24-7.690/

Thank You Grant, I only wish to understand all of the above. Sq

That is why the SHAD Rally's were so awesome.. Some of my best friendships have spawned from them.
I know a lot of people personally on this board and more that aren't here any longer. Over the last 20 years particpating in rally's I have met many friends.
We hade Wayne at the north a bunch and every time we were at the south rally's he was always there.

He even flew to bullfrog once with Chuck and others!!!

Great times and so many memories!

Some of us even end up in Mexico once a year to hang out!

And Chuck/Wayne brought the "BIG FISH" at the time, to the North Rally. Chuck was driving the plane and Wayne was wrangling the fish the whole way. Good times were had at that rally. I think I remember having a margarita or 2. Good times for sure. I will be at Stanton 9/18 thru 9/28. Sq

And Chuck/Wayne brought the "BIG FISH" at the time, to the North Rally. Chuck was driving the plane and Wayne was wrangling the fish the whole way. Good times were had at that rally. I think I remember having a margarita or 2. Good times for sure. I will be at Stanton 9/18 thru 9/28. Sq

Yes sir.
And Pete and Patty's last trip to the north!

Too bad we lost all the pictures from the old board.

Yes we did bring the "Big Johnson" to Lone Rock. We had to disguise him as we crossed the border.
But he was there.

Slide226.JPG

Attachments

• South Shad Rally May 2008 124.jpg
    South Shad Rally May 2008 124.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 33
  • South Shad Rally May 2008 146.jpg
    South Shad Rally May 2008 146.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 33
  • South Shad Rally May 2008 148.jpg
    South Shad Rally May 2008 148.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
That trip to the North Rally where Wayne brought the "big striper" also included Pete and Patty. Pete and Patty came to Prescott and I flew them to Page where we loaded Wayne and the fish. We then flew to Bullfrog with a running commentary from both Pete and Wayne of the locations and memories of trips gone by....great stuff! Pete and Patty were the guests of honor at that North Rally and Wayne gave fishing and biology lessons to everyone. Weeds and Mrs Weeds were there on Cropduster and stood out with their psyco colored dress and shoes....thought it was a highway repair crew at first. The Big Johnson was running full time to keep up with demand. There was an outstanding fish fry followed by a mini fly by as we left for Page. Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back