Bullfrog to Moki Fishing Report (10/14-10/15):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Staying on the Bullfrog buoy field for three nights, quiet and no wind to speak of. Air temps 75-78F water temp 66 to 69. Very little surface activity. Fished structures and small cuts with plenty of brush.

Over the last two days: 6 LMB (mostly 10-12” or less) and 8-10 SMB – Most of SMB are small. However I did catch one SMB at dusk this evening that was 1.5 lbs.---- so that made my day!

I tried various lures and found top-water to be the most effective and of course fun to see when they hit

One more day if my shoulder holds out – Will go downriver and hit Halls to Lake Canyon and whatever else looks good tomorrow

What a beautiful time of the year to be here!

Staying on the Bullfrog buoy field for three nights, quiet and no wind to speak of. Air temps 75-78F water temp 66 to 69. Very little surface activity. Fished structures and small cuts with plenty of brush.

Over the last two days: 6 LMB (mostly 10-12” or less) and 8-10 SMB – Most of SMB are small. However I did catch one SMB at dusk this evening that was 1.5 lbs.---- so that made my day!

I tried various lures and found top-water to be the most effective and of course fun to see when they hit

One more day if my shoulder holds out – Will go downriver and hit Halls to Lake Canyon and whatever else looks good tomorrow

I’m on my way down in an hour. Hopefully the fishing is better around Lake Canyon. Keep us posted. Thanks

Update: 10/16 PM -- Zero fish caught on anchovies Lake Canyon - up river side of the mouth and the downriver side -- Moki had the same results -- One other boat was there -- neither myself or the other folks caught any fish (spent about an hour at Moki about the same at Lake ) I wouldn't waste time dunking bait -- I just wanted a few stripers for the freezer

SMB are more plentiful, though small. Caught on crank-baits and top water. No LMB but didn't really concentrate on them today - though yesterday I caught 6

Based on my conversations with other fisherman -- generally the fishing is slow -- but the water is perfect , no wind and blue skies sure make it enjoyable to be out on the lake.

Last edited:
I most certainly do not profess to be an expert fisherman -- but I generally know what to look for and what to present. There were lots of bass boats on the lake and those guys might have a different take on the conditions and perhaps they were going further upriver or down than what I covered

I most certainly do not profess to be an expert fisherman -- but I generally know what to look for and what to present. There were lots of bass boats on the lake and those guys might have a different take on the conditions and perhaps they were going further upriver or down than what I covered

There is a bass a tournament out of Bullfrog this weekend. I would not be surprised if those anglers that went south instead of north might win the tournament.

Thanks

Thanks for the update. We’re here! I’ll go ahead and skip Lake Canyon and head south in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a bass a tournament out of Bullfrog this weekend. I would not be surprised if those anglers that went south instead of north might win the tournament.
The fishing was tough at the Bullfrog open 2 weeks ago, a bunch went north and some stayed close, it was won in Bullfrog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back