Bullfrog to Good Hope Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Hope Bay starts at about Mile Marker 120. The main channel in front of Bullfrog is MM96. Allowing for a couple miles from the ramp to the mouth of Bullfrog you're about 26-ish miles.

But Good Hope Bay is almost 10 miles long from the south end to the north end so keep that in mind too.

No walleyes in good hope Bay, it is a long treak make sure you have gas. Ran into some yahoo's last November wanted to know where Hite gas station was lol, no services once you leave bullfrog.

I think bobco is kidding. Last year we did great on walleyes from about seven mile canyon all the way to good hope bay. Simple jig and part of nightcrawler fishing rocky points. Hope to be there again first week of May.

There are plenty of walleye on the way to Good Hope Bay, starting right in Bullfrog bay, check out the walleye contest and they will point you to the places that the tagged walleyes were released.

Thanks for the tips. I will check the contest locations and start with those. Much closer than going to Good Hope Bay.

All the reports have said that is the best place for walleye. Any suggestions?
Try a 1.5 oz bottom bouncer with about 5 ft of leader and a red crawdad/crayfish pattern deep diving lure. Troll the 30' to 40' deep benches along the north edges at 2.5 mph on the way to good hope and in the bay. Has'nt failed us yet. Add worm tips or bass attractant to the lure. Good Luck and lets know how it went.

2.5 MPH for walleye? I am far from an expert, but that seems fast. I thought the key to walleye was a slower presentation?

I think most places people target walleye, 2.5 mph would be too fast. But we have caught a ton of walleye trolling 2.5- 3mph up in GHB. Most of this has been in March-April, fishing 15-30 FOW trolling diving plugs without any extra weight. Especially just after you lure has been bouncing off the bottom. A bonus is you catch striper, SMB and LMB, even crappie as well. You can always tell its a walleye when it feels like you are dragging a wet sock behind the boat, and they start skiing on the surface! Lots of times you can go back and toss a jig and catch a few more out the spots you find them while trolling.

I see allot of walleyes at the cleaning station caught by guys trolling/fishing for stripers. I think walleye get drowned/ wet sock at 3 mph LOL

No walleyes in good hope Bay, it is a long treak make sure you have gas. Ran into some yahoo's last November wanted to know where Hite gas station was lol, no services once you leave bullfrog.
There is still a gas station at Hite but it's a long hike to carry gas cans, especially when they are full. At least that would be down hill though. But it's only open seasonally and closed right now.
There is also a park ranger up there too to keep everyone in line. haha

There is still a gas station at Hite but it's a long hike to carry gas cans, especially when they are full. At least that would be down hill though. But it's only open seasonally and closed right now.
There is also a park ranger up there too to keep everyone in line. haha
Is Ranger Mellisa still up there? been I think going on 4 years since we could fish it.

10-4 camper on back of truck allot more comfortable than tent in dirt! should be good to go this fall Im thinking, we keep on getting snow storm after storm over here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back