Bullfrog/Stanton 4/17-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPappas

My son and I really hoping to crush it this trip but ended up a little short on total fish caught. Still always great to be on the lake and for this time of year despite some wind on Thursday.
Some results,
Largemouth-8
Smallmouth-29
Striper-9
Walleye-2
Sunfish-1

All smallmouth and largemouth were caught on single/double tail and hula grubs in a variety of colors.We fished for smallmouth and large mouth from Halls Creek bay to Forgotton Canyon. The bight definitely seemed to pick up in the afternnon hours.Unfortunatley we were unable to graph any large schools of stripers the whole trip.We managed to troll up 7 on the sand bar in Bullfrog Bay. Also 2 in the mouth of Moki and 1 in Frogotton Canyon. Water temp ranged from 62-66.
All in all another great trip to the lake with great warm wearther during the day and cool nights.Almost all the campers in Stanton Creek were all fisherman making it not crowded at all and nice and quiet.Thats always a bonus in Stanton.
Looking forward to our next trip late summer early fall.

Attachments

• IMG_1798.JPG
    IMG_1798.JPG
    542 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1799.JPG
    IMG_1799.JPG
    309.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1794.JPG
    IMG_1794.JPG
    461.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1792.JPG
    IMG_1792.JPG
    465.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1791.JPG
    IMG_1791.JPG
    491 KB · Views: 54
Some more pictures of our trip.

Attachments

• IMG_1805.JPG
    IMG_1805.JPG
    320.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1787.JPG
    IMG_1787.JPG
    737.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1785.JPG
    IMG_1785.JPG
    417.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1784.JPG
    IMG_1784.JPG
    482.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1783.JPG
    IMG_1783.JPG
    359.5 KB · Views: 47
I have a question about Stanton creek, I've never been there and my daughter was trying to tell me how to get there. When you turn off on the road before BF, at the Y in the road, do you go left? If so, what is to the right besides what looks like sewer ponds, on google maps? Thank you.

Once you make a left of 276 onto Stanton Creek Rd you will need to stay straight at that y to get to the campground. Yes it does look like sewer ponds but they will be on your left if you were to make that turn.Also once you make that left of 276 you immediately see boat trailer parking on your left. Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you make a left of 276 onto Stanton Creek Rd you will need to stay straight at that y to get to the campground. Yes it does look like sewer ponds but they will be on your left if you were to make that turn.Also once you make that left of 276 you amediatly see boat trailer parking on your left. Hope that helps.
Helps very much, thank you.

When you go thru the NPS check station the entrance to Stanton will be on left about 1/4 mile. To get to the water will be almost 6 miles. The road that says 4 wheel drive only had motorhomes down by the water. The road isn't that bad. I always take the left fork and camp on the North side out of the w***. Will be there again next Sunday for a week. Sq

When you go thru the NPS check station the entrance to Stanton will be on left about 1/4 mile. To get to the water will be almost 6 miles. The road that says 4 wheel drive only had motorhomes down by the water. The road isn't that bad. I always take the left fork and camp on the North side out of the w***. Will be there again next Sunday for a week. Sq
So coming from say Hanksville go to BF Stanton is on the left? I thought it was a right?

Yes Charles, on the left. If you see the school on your left you've gone too far.

Yes Charles, on the left. If you see the school on your left you've gone too far.
Thank you, before that road there is a road to the right, where does that go? Down to the lake at all? Sorry for all the questions it's been 15 years since I've bben to Powell, and it's always been around Farley, and I have a feeling that I won't be able to go fishing there in May.

That will take you to Boulder, Utah. When the lake was another 90' higher, that would take you to Bullfrog North Beach area. That hasn't seen water in a long time. Sq

Also once on Stanton Creek road before the self service camp station there are two rights off the road. The first right has a bunch of construction equipment. The second right is a private shooting range. For the first time in many years I heard some shooting going on for about an hour. Not loud at all just heard in the distance.

Have a great time Sq. Looks like I missed you this time by a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back