Bullfrog ramp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coho975

Looks like the lake is up ~7'. Anybody know what shape the main ramp at Bullfrog is in? Also what are your thoughts on camping at Halls vs Bullfrog.? We have never stayed over at Halls and were considering it this year.

It was used by some this last weekend, I was told you have to take the trailer in a bit further than usual, and depart slowly.

Looks like the lake is up ~7'. Anybody know what shape the main ramp at Bullfrog is in? Also what are your thoughts on camping at Halls vs Bullfrog.? We have never stayed over at Halls and were considering it this year.
Down last week - Halls campground about half full. You will need to make reservations a couple weeks out. The campground is really nice - most sites are "lake view" and the ones on the NW end are really nice!! They have a shower and restroom - nice too but only 1 shower - makes for either a wait or friendly campers!!:D

BULLFROG RAMP IS OPEN !!!! We pulled out at the Bullfrog Main Ramp this morning !!!! All cones are gone and the ramp is open. There is a sign at the top of the ramp stating that boats over 25 Feet should still use the North Ramp. We Launched last Sunday on the primitive dirt Ramp just left of the main ramp ( as you drive down) no problems launching there. The courtesy dock is still in place over on the dirt ramp as of this morning. Several other bass boats and V hull aluminum launched no problem putting in while I was fixing a board on trailer so we could load the boat. (It appeared that someone hit the trailer and broke one of the boards off the trailer. they left it laid across the wheel wells. it was not that way when I parked the trailer)
With the current rate of the lake level rising it should be no problems for any boats in just a few more days !!!

***Note: fish cleaning station was under repair ( New disposal motor being replaced they planned on it being open again by this afternoon)

Mildog

Here are the pictures of the sunken boat (now exposed) on main channel left side up from mouth of Escalante maybe a mile upstream
Thanks for sharing those pics. I don't know why, but I think all these odd findings to be pretty fascinating. There's a big story behind many of them I'm sure.
Anyway, that boat actually looks familiar and maybe one I've seen before. I think I might have seen just the top of the bow poking up through the water years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back