Bullfrog Parking Issues. Beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XWrangler

Put in at the VIP ramp at Bullfrog yesterday morning because the woman at the Park entrance told us that is where we needed to launch. When I got back to my truck last night I had a big orange warning sticker on my back window for parking in a non-trailer zone. It said my truck and trailer could be impounded for parking there. I noticed every truck and trailer combination had the same warning stickers on their back windows. When I left I stopped by the entrance gate again and asked the guy about it. He said that was the only place in that area that had parking but didnt know why everyone was getting warnings from Officer Rupel. Just beware that a second offense might get your vehicle impounded. Very frustrating because no one I talked to had any idea where else to park. Other than that it was a beautiful day on my favorite lake with some really fun fishing.

Put in at the VIP ramp at Bullfrog yesterday morning because the woman at the Park entrance told us that is where we needed to launch. When I got back to my truck last night I had a big orange warning sticker on my back window for parking in a non-trailer zone. It said my truck and trailer could be impounded for parking there. I noticed every truck and trailer combination had the same warning stickers on their back windows. When I left I stopped by the entrance gate again and asked the guy about it. He said that was the only place in that area that had parking but didnt know why everyone was getting warnings from Officer Rupel. Just beware that a second offense might get your vehicle impounded. Very frustrating because no one I talked to had any idea where else to park. Other than that it was a beautiful day on my favorite lake with some really fun fishing.
It was ok for the BF Open last weekend. Then they started giving warnings and tickets. The sign clearly states no trailers in the lower lots. Exceptions were made and then not. Confusing huh?

It was ok for the BF Open last weekend. Then they started giving warnings and tickets. The sign clearly states no trailers in the lower lots. Exceptions were made and then not. Confusing huh?
It was really confusing. Even the NPS guy had no answers for me. At least I was in good company with 30 or 40 other guys getting the same warning tickets.

From what I understand- now that crowds of people are arriving; vehicles with trailers over by the VIP (north) ramp need to be parked in one of the upper lots. By the old store. Up in the upper lot. Or there are a few spots by the gravel road to ramp. Did notice a few people disconnect trailers and then park lower.

From what I understand- now that crowds of people are arriving; vehicles with trailers over by the VIP (north) ramp need to be parked in one of the upper lots. By the old store. Up in the upper lot. Or there are a few spots by the gravel road to ramp. Did notice a few people disconnect trailers and then park lower.
Maybe thats the answer. Just not sure why no trailers. There is plenty of room where everyone was parked. Hopefully at the rate the lake is raising that it will only be a couple weeks and the main ramp will be open. Its a dam long walk right now from the main parking lot to the VIP ramp. Better bring the horse next time to make that trip. Lol

As far as the parking situation, it’s been a mess for a bunch (5?) years. They used to let trailers park down there. Then it turned into a mess and they got militant about no trailers.

Some people say that you should just call the shuttle but I don’t think that is the answer. When I’ve tried to do that it either takes forever to come or it doesn’t seem to come at all.

In the current situation I think the best plan is to just try to flag down a car as it passes and ask for a ride or else drop the trailer up top and drive your tow vehicle back down.

I just was in the Colorado mountains today. Still more snow at the top of Rabbit Ears than I’ve seen in years. Hopefully the lake will quicken its rise and more people can park at the main ramp.

There are posted signs, just past the upper parking lot and as you get to that parking, that say "No Trailers April 1 thru Oct 31" as well as "No Vehicles over 25' " They (NPS) allowed it after the 1st due to the fishing tournaments and then started writing people up last week. The parking is a mess since the main ramp is not useable right now but that will change as we are rising at about 1/2 a day. The issue also is since this is the only ramp, they are having to launch all houseboats from this ramp as well and when you get someone with a larger truck, say a F350 and then put a 25' trailer behind it, it sticks out to the point that the large trucks with houseboats cant get thru. Yesterday, there were a few trailers that had to be moved sideways just for others to get thru. Again, there are signs posted.
Only places to park are the 3 upper lots and the lot where the old store was before you get onto the dirt road, the shuttle has been around more often but they need to run more often until the main ramp is usable. You can call the Hotel and ask for a shuttle at the ramp before you get to it, call 435-684-3000 or 435-684-3032

It was chaotic but they had friendly people with a shuttle, yesterday We found a spot in the corner of the N lot, top of the hill, all others were also full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back