Bullfrog Oct 5th to 8th

Dennis Jarvis

Well-Known Member
Just got back from Powell great trip perfect weather NO wind! got to bullfrog Monday mid day headed for the back of Lake Canyon found no fish back to Bullfrog trolled till dark one small striper no boils. Tues am went to the back of Molki fished on the way out No fish went across and began trolling from green bayou #99A across the front of the island in 30 of plus feet began catching stripers like mad. single, double hook ups every pass fish all over the graph. went back for a nap came back at about 3:00PM started trolling again caught fish every pass! graph loaded up with fish. fished almost till dark. filled up the cooler. Wed AM back to the island made one pass caught a 24" 7lb striper. and a few smaller ones then the school moved. we then went to Smith Fork Canyon went all the way to the back looking for bass we hammered the stripers in shallow water with silver lipoless crankbaits. filled the cooler
again. went back to the island in late afternoon trolled up more stripers! best striper lure was the 6th sense 500DD deep diver in Shad Drome color big fat lure dives to 28 ft trolled at 3.5MPH behind my 20ft Lund 200 Evenrude. Best Trip ever no wind no jet skies or skiers. found this 6th sense lure @ Sportsmans warehouse $7.00 we tried trolling the thin rapala deep divers no bites. we were over a huge school of stripes we jiged every thing we had no bites. fellow fisherman found lots of bass in the mouth of Hall. now off to kill a cow elk. might go back to Powell!! DennisJ from Junction
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The executive ramp is closed. They now charge you a $30.00 launch fee which is good for 7 days $60 for the end of the year the new ramp is ok one lane large docks on both sides. however the end of the ramp is river rock hard to walk on if you get off to the side your trailer will be cockeyed. if you stay in the middle it's ok. I saw no one with any launch issues.
 
Just got back from Powell great trip perfect weather NO wind! got to bullfrog Monday mid day headed for the back of Lake Canyon found no fish back to Bullfrog trolled till dark one small striper no boils. Tues am went to the back of Molki fished on the way out No fish went across and began trolling from green bayou #99A across the front of the island in 30 of plus feet began catching stripers like mad. single, double hook ups every pass fish all over the graph. went back for a nap came back at about 3:00PM started trolling again caught fish every pass! graph loaded up with fish. fished almost till dark. filled up the cooler. Wed AM back to the island made one pass caught a 24" 7lb striper. and a few smaller ones then the school moved. we then went to Smith Fork Canyon went all the way to the back looking for bass we hammered the stripers in shallow water with silver lipoless crankbaits. filled the cooler
again. went back to the island in late afternoon trolled up more stripers! best striper lure was the 6th sense 500DD deep diver in Shad Drome color big fat lure dives to 28 ft trolled at 3.5MPH behind my 20ft Lund 200 Evenrude. Best Trip ever no wind no jet skies or skiers. found this 6th sense lure @ Sportsmans warehouse $7.00 we tried trolling the thin rapala deep divers no bites. we were over a huge school of stripes we jiged every thing we had no bites. fellow fisherman found lots of bass in the mouth of Hall. now off to kill a cow elk. might go back to Powell!! DennisJ from Junction
Sounds like it game on right now !! Hope you harvest an elk man (you got a first season rifle tag?) !! It’s that time of year! My mind is in the woods ! (And lake Powell I reckon!)
 
I have a 1st season rifle cow elk tag for glade park unit 40 then I have a 2nd season buck for glade park. funny story enroute to Grand Jct we had to stop at the Loma Co port of entry for a watercraft check the guy asked me where we had just come from I told him that I couldn't tell him because he would set my boat on fire!! I then told him Lake Powell he is still laughing! then this afternoon I went up to the local gas station to get lawnmower gas. As I was paying for my gas I happen to mention that deisel was $7.13 a gallon at Lake Powell. The guy standing there s leaving tomorrow for Powell with a 24ft boat to troll for stripers. I gave him the skinny on our latest trip He was headed to Sportsmans for That lure Dennis J from Junction
 
I have a 1st season rifle cow elk tag for glade park unit 40 then I have a 2nd season buck for glade park. funny story enroute to Grand Jct we had to stop at the Loma Co port of entry for a watercraft check the guy asked me where we had just come from I told him that I couldn't tell him because he would set my boat on fire!! I then told him Lake Powell he is still laughing! then this afternoon I went up to the local gas station to get lawnmower gas. As I was paying for my gas I happen to mention that deisel was $7.13 a gallon at Lake Powell. The guy standing there s leaving tomorrow for Powell with a 24ft boat to troll for stripers. I gave him the skinny on our latest trip He was headed to Sportsmans for That lure Dennis J from Junction
good luck on your hunts man. Shoot straight amigo. I like those units up there round junction .. I hunt 74 round Durango town , archery elk . And I have a 3rd rifle tag deer in 771 this year , but I imagine that’s for a different forum haha , nice work about there at Powell . I hope to get there within the next month , we were gunna head out this weekend but the weather kept us from making the drive down thru the notch .. tight lines and clean shots .
 
Great report Dennis! That island has treated me well. You didn’t report you lost any lures on the north/northwest end of the island like I have so this water level must be a little more kind! Hahaha!
 
We never lost a lure. I think that the bottom there is fairly flat we trolled in 30 ft or more. these lures pump bottom @ 28ft. these stripers hit this lure like a freight train. If we go back later this month I would replace the treble hooks with one big circle hook. getting the treble hooks out of their mouths was a real pain.
 
Back
Top