Bullfrog Main Launch Ramp Open Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TightLine

Bullfrog Main Launch Ramp Open Again. Launch at your own risk. 25 Foot and under boats signs say. Shallow water warning. As was discussed in a previous thread, its on the old road to the south, or the left side for those directionaly challenged. Looks like the Ferry Ramp has work being performed on it as well. Big equipment down there moving rock and dirt.

Pix of the dock at Bullfrog temporary ramp and the warning ticket for parking at the launch area. It looks like a pretty gentle grade for launching. Sq

Attachments

• 28929529-2624-4826-A6A6-06D5436C16D6.jpeg
    28929529-2624-4826-A6A6-06D5436C16D6.jpeg
    649.6 KB · Views: 250
  • 0D7F2D43-A3C1-48C9-AAE9-98ADD26D6BBB.jpeg
    0D7F2D43-A3C1-48C9-AAE9-98ADD26D6BBB.jpeg
    456.8 KB · Views: 249
Probably has been asked before what would we have to do to be able to park on the ramp at bullfrog at least in the off season?

I get it for maintenance while the water is low but I go all winter and never see another soul on the lake but as soon as you park on the ramp you get one of those stickers on the the window not at this elevation but in years past. They park on the ramp at halls I don't know about down south. Are the rangers in charge of parking or anmark?

947156-R1-15A2004.jpg In GoldCups pictures from 2004 they allowed parking on the ramp and also brought down a port-a potty by the ramp . Hopefully they do the same this year.
quick story from the Wahweap ramp parking in 2004. I parked on the ramp with my Tahoe and 25' boat trailer. I had to run into Page so unhooked the trailer and left it parked on the side of the ramp where everyone else was parked - about 7/8 way down the ramp (great spot) side by side with all the other rigs. When I returned a couple of hours later, some jack weed had pushed my trailer back further into the sand into a culvert and parked his truck and trailer in my spot, with my trailer behind his trailer that was behind his truck. Inaccessible. NPS came and towed the perp rig, and a friendly person with a truck winched my trailer out of the culvert, I hooked back up, no other issues - I was worried upon my return days later I'd have my car keyed or tires slashed, but nothing.

Soon after that, they stopped allowing parking on the ramp (not saying it was because of my situation:unsure:).

Last edited:
Any recent pics of the Bull Frog main launching ramp since it reopened? I'm planing on being there first week in may. I will have my boat hitch to my motor home. just wondering if the ramp will be deep enough to launch my boat without damaging the back end of my motorhome.

Thanks

Here is the screen capture from the Launch Ramp Web Cam as of 5 PM today. The old road is very shallow at the Red lines. I actually hit the road when curiosity got better of me and I went poking around. The yellow circle of the drop off from the Old Road into deeper water, but I would still advise anyone launching to goto the North Ramp/ exec services ramp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back