Bullfrog / Halls & Main Channel – Fishing 07/05 -07/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Water in the bullfrog was much clearer compared to two weeks ago. A few isolated slurps were found near the north buoy field. The best slurp fishing was found in Halls at the mouth of the channel when entering the main bay (not the main channel opening). Chased slurps for 3-4 hours one day within a one mile area. Best lure was the Kastmaster again – tried a casting bubble and fly with limited success—water had a slight chop but with patience the slurps could be found. Stripers ranged from 10” to 18” with 90% being relatively healthy.

Down river of Lost Eden- by 1-2 miles along rocky shoreline on west side of channel- hooked into numerous walleyes – not large but fun to catch on a rig with a night crawler.

The surprise catch was a catfish on a crank-bait – I thought I was onto a nice LMB but to my surprise the “catty” inhaled the lure an give my heart a jolt!

The Executive ramp still does not have a dock. The ramp itself will be underwater in another week (5’ of concrete is left) ---I assume they will close the ramp until the water starts to go down-

Have fun – the weather was perfect except for a one hour wind storm on Sunday PM – when it wants to- the lake can be ugly in a hurry !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back