Bullfrog fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDog

I am headed to Bullfrog on Thursday with the family, I am looking for some insight on how the Smallmouth and Largemouth fishing has been. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks

I am headed to Bullfrog on Thursday with the family, I am looking for some insight on how the Smallmouth and Largemouth fishing has been. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks
We had our best luck last weekend on main lake points with a salt & Pepper Double tail grub. We found very little at the back of canyons. We fished north in Ticaboo canyon and Good hope bay on Friday. Saturday we fished Escalnte arm but had best results out in main channel towards the San Jaun arm. We also caught bass on Senko's and a few on top water plugs.

We camped at Stanton and had all the small mouth and striper fishing we could stand. In the North cove at Stanton we had the RV parked 50' from the water. Shad were all over the place as well as the stripers & smallmouth. Both were banging the shad 9/22 thru 9/28 with little breaks in the action. They seemed to come in waves every 1/2 hour. Didn't have to move the boat to catch fish. The only lure I used was a blue/white bucktail topwater popper. We searched other places North of Stanton for 2 days only finding SMB at the mouth of Hansen, at the new whale appearing. Only 1 small LMB in 6 days of fishin'. Good luck, Sq

We did good in lake fork back in the tammies using topwater. The north side of slick rock canyon was great fishing for smallies from 5-25' of water. We did the best right across from the ramp at bullfrog throwing topwater at any brush along the bank, those bass were large and angry, exploded out of the water! Mostly largemouth 2-4 pounds and the smallies started hitting closer to dark. 5-6 smallies around 3.5 pounds. That was Friday.

Been staying at Stanton creek and fishing nearby. Smallies have been great, crankbaits, jerkbaits, and senkos over 6-18 foe water have produced. Haven’t caught one under 2lbs yet, best almost pushing 4. Walleyes have been active, hitting cranks trilled in 25fow. Can’t buy a striper bite during the day, first time to Powell and don’t know where to go, but can’t find a school during the day. At night the bite in consistent, not the tales of coolers and coolers of stripers, but enough to keep things interesting. Tomorrow is my last day here, hopefully I’ll figure the stripers out, they are fun to catch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back