Bullfrog Cell Towers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirrel

Keeper of San Juan Secrets
There was a cell phone tower project at Bullfrog, up by the big water tank. Does anyone have any info if they are up and running at this time? My boat didn’t hit the water last year at BF so I don’t know if they were ever put on line. I seem to remember there was an issue with power getting supplied to the site. Sq

There was a cell phone tower project at Bullfrog, up by the big water tank. Does anyone have any info if they are up and running at this time? My boat didn’t hit the water last year at BF so I don’t know if they were ever put on line. I seem to remember there was an issue with power getting supplied to the site. Sq
I need my cell phone to be working when I visit the lake and some are lucky that they can turn their phones off. The tower didn’t seem to be working last year as my cell service was the worst it has ever been with Verizon. I normally have decent coverage around the main channel and directly across over to Halls Bay. The rule of thumb has always been if you can see the mountain it sits on then your service would normally be decent and texts always seemed to go through. Last year it was borderline nonexistent for Verizon.

I think it has been done because this last Nov I was down on our boat to winterize, in the bottom of the offshore storage area where our boat is dry docked. I was shocked when someone called me and it went through. I phoned 3 different people while there. I have never had cell service there at all now I was making phone calls and texting. It was awesome! Still have Starlink for our on the lake internet and phone calls but it was nice to have it in the yard there at offshore!

My cell service has greatly improved over this winter down in the BF area.
Before, Verizon was what worked the best, and that is the service we had. But once Verizon decided to get crazy stupid with their pricing, we switched to T-mobile and our service was worse than ever down at the lake.
Now, with T-mobile, I get full bars for a few feet before reaching the Tony M. mine road and once I reach the Ticaboo valley, my bars go to a great range and I can make calls easily from that point on.
I was told it is a T-mobile tower, but haven't confirmed that.
My phone works better than ever in that valley now.
Hope this helps everyone.

5G cares a lot less about which carrier you use than 4G / LTE did. I started getting 5G reception at Bullfrog this fall. It was a nice boost.
From what I've seen in the area, 4G/LTE is a lot more reliable than the 5G is and have actually hit difficulties when the phone keeps trying to switch back and forth automatically. That said, I actually have the 5G turned off on my phone for the reliability of the phone reception and have a lot less problems in a remote area than I have with 5G.

That is one thing many might want to remember if they keep getting dropped calls/delayed response while in the Bullfrog area.
The 5G here is a lot better than it has been, but some may still experience problems like I did.

My cell service has greatly improved over this winter down in the BF area.
Before, Verizon was what worked the best, and that is the service we had. But once Verizon decided to get crazy stupid with their pricing, we switched to T-mobile and our service was worse than ever down at the lake.
Now, with T-mobile, I get full bars for a few feet before reaching the Tony M. mine road and once I reach the Ticaboo valley, my bars go to a great range and I can make calls easily from that point on.
I was told it is a T-mobile tower, but haven't confirmed that.
My phone works better than ever in that valley now.
Hope this helps everyone.
That sounds great. I have TMobile and service last summer was not existent.

Bullfrog Verizon service was this for me end of last year. They seem to be aiming down toward the marina/houseboat field and i had good coverage there. Higher up, on the Eye, I could not get a signal. There were a very few old locations above Halls Creek Bay that worked for me this last couple year, although a couple spots higher up in the waterpocket I could peek through to get a signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back