Bullfrog Beef :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have spent some time on Lakes that cattle can roam on the beaches............the beaches are disgusting.
The density of cattle allowed by BLM/NPS in the Lake Powell area is pretty small(for good reason). We are good friends with the rancher who holds the lease from Fry Canyon to Hite. We've only seen about 8 cows anywhere near the lake in the last 10 years. I don't think you have to worry too much about them making a mess of the "beaches". Now Houseboaters, that's another story.

The density of cattle allowed by BLM/NPS in the Lake Powell area is pretty small(for good reason). We are good friends with the rancher who holds the lease from Fry Canyon to Hite. We've only seen about 8 cows anywhere near the lake in the last 10 years. I don't think you have to worry too much about them making a mess of the "beaches". Now Houseboaters, that's another story.
Well said.

While working for Aramark as a marine mechanic for the houseboat fleet I was dispatched to a houseboat full of tourists from N.J.. They had spent the entire night awake and in fear of the "wolves" that were staring at them all night. As soon as dawn came the "wolves" showed themselves. 5 cows.

There were a lot of large bulls roaming around Gregg Basin at Lake Mead last time I was there. I would bet the rancher gave up on them and they had gone wild. Trying to herd wild bulls many miles back to a road could be an exercise in futility.

Bulls gone wild can be rather dangerous. That is one reason why cowboys in the old west carried pistols. They sometimes had to shoot attacking bulls.

"I have spent some time on Lakes that cattle can roam on the beaches............the beaches are disgusting.

Why its just used grass :) After you work cattle for a little while you think nothing of stepping in it.

Reactions: TR.
A number of years ago there was a Bio Hazard marker in the May Tag Straights up stream from AP..
The consensus was that it was from cattle run off. It was one of those little beach areas on the right before
you get to Navajo Canyon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back