Bullfrog area report

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnpull

Yesterday we fished from bullfrog south down to iceberg hitting almost every canyon along the way. Today headed north and fished most canyons up to Knowles. The story line? Inconsistent! Fishing has been on and off noth days catching 4-7 fish in an hour then going an hour or two with nothing. We've caught fish in clear water, stained water, at 5' depth down to 30' depth. We've caught fish in the sun and in the shade and not caught fish in all the same areas. It's been extremely tough to find any sort of pattern. Water temps have been consistently 52-55 and occasionally I might have hit 57. The one plus is that when we have hooked up we've gotten into some great fish! We've picked up about 30-40 fish a day with about 5-6 being walleye, a couple lmb a few strikers and a bunch of great smb. 20180405_143449.jpg20180405_143358.jpg20180405_120851.jpg20180404_094046.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With the long range forecast I wonder if this spring will ever get out of the pattern we and you’re experiencing. Great fishing at times, completely nothing at others, but all fish in great shape right now.

Your report is similar to what I am finding except you catch bigger largemouth than I do. Excellent report which clearly defines what to expect on a fishing trip this week.

Update from today. Today was one of the slowest days I've ever had on Powell. Maybe 10 fish all day. Probably the craziest thing is of the 10 only 2 were smb caught in the last hour. The good news is I caught 5 good lmb. Definitely a slow down from other days. Oh, we fished ticaboo north to white. Saw plenty of other boats. Maybe they were better fisherman than us and had better luck.

Update from today. Today was one of the slowest days I've ever had on Powell. Maybe 10 fish all day. Probably the craziest thing is of the 10 only 2 were smb caught in the last hour. The good news is I caught 5 good lmb. Definitely a slow down from other days. Oh, we fished ticaboo north to white. Saw plenty of other boats. Maybe they were better fisherman than us and had better luck.
What water temp did you see up in White?

Thanks for your visit with us at the fish cleaning station and again at the restaurant.
On our last morning, we picked up 6 very nice walleye, in just a short time in what maybe was a mini pattern

We located the fish at the visibility edge, usually about 22 to 30 foot depth. With the incredibly clear water we spent lots of time pounding shallower clear water without a lot of success.
Also all of the smb, lmb, walleye, and even stripers this year were in great shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back