Bullfrog area 10 /7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbass

Stripers are still being tough to catch. Water temp was 69 this am. Our best luck has been sight fishing along the shoreline. Drive slow until you see a fish rise. Start throwing topwater and medium cranks in towards the bank. Caught several 2 to 3 lb smallies and large mouth. It has been much more successful than random casting. No organized boils have been seen.

Stripers are still being tough to catch. Water temp was 69 this am. Our best luck has been sight fishing along the shoreline. Drive slow until you see a fish rise. Start throwing topwater and medium cranks in towards the bank. Caught several 2 to 3 lb smallies and large mouth. It has been much more successful than random casting. No organized boils have been seen.
I was expecting better from you and Goldcup

Funny guy! The thing I didn't say was we were on a school for two hours each time using top water stuff. Fun fun fun. It was calm enough to see rising fish for a long ways. Fished from sunrise to 2:00 pm.

Went to Knowles, Cedar and surrounding area today. More shad than water. Few or no stripers with them.
Night fishing was worthless off the houseboat.

The bass fishing was slow for the Bullfrog Open from Bullfrog on up north with few boils, shad were everywhere according to a participant. I missed another one.

I love hearing about all the bait, there should be some healthy fish for a while, I would rather it be slow, and the fish I catch be healthy, then fast and unhealthy.
Tubbyama, how many year's has it been since 99 mile marker?

I love hearing about all the bait, there should be some healthy fish for a while, I would rather it be slow, and the fish I catch be healthy, then fast and unhealthy.
Tubbyama, how many year's has it been since 99 mile marker?
Hey Kevin, so much has happened since then. I haven't been down to powell in 7-8 years, Ill be at stanton tonight late. Glad to see you are still killing it down there. I got the same old gregor skiff if you see it, stop by!
Jay

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back