bullfrog 6/24 &6/25

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobilerat

Got a late start and fished jigs for bass for an hour with only one smallmouth. Caught a striper on a deep diver crank in the back of a cove.decided to try trolling for stripers. Caught a few trolling and soon spotted slurping stripers. Had never witnessed or fished a slurp but have been reading about them for years on Waynes words. Had a rebel shad colored popper, a chrome blue 1/4 once castmaster and a red head white 1/8oz dollfly on a smallcasting bubble ready. The popper caught fish but not in the numbers of the dollfly. I switched to the castmaster and caught more but could not get 1 or more fish from each slurp. Ended up chasing slurps all day and catching numbers of fish only powell regulars would believe. My 73 year old fishing partner had an awesome intro to striper fishing.No pics were taken as it get them unhooked and get another all day.Fished tuesday with poorer results due to chop on the lake hiding the fish. At about 3 pm I climbed above the marina to the high water elevation and could plainly see slurping fish but not from the boat. Once again tried jigging for smallmouths with limited success. Water visibility was less than 2 feet in the bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back