Bullfrog 3/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dworwood

Keeper of San Juan Secrets
Arrived at the ramp about 2:30 and headed North, tried Moki rock pile with no luck, spent a little time in forgotten, knowles, and Hansen with the same results. Did not find any fish on the graph. Trolled out from the back of the three canyons with no hits. Had on pointers and a fat Shad rap. Started hitting the structure with Ned rigs and plastics and never caught a fish. Did see an otter at the very end of Hansen and watched it catch a fish and take it up on the rocks, we couldn’t get any closer cause we were in 3 feet of water and he was about 50 yards away. I know about the picture thing but if I post the one with our phone I would have to circle it for you to find it, sorry I didn’t have my camera with today. There are 5 of us fishing and not much extra room. Heading to GH in the morning to colored water and hopefully some catchable fish. Saw water temps today from 49 to 55.6.

Arrived at the ramp about 2:30 and headed North, tried Moki rock pile with no luck, spent a little time in forgotten, knowles, and Hansen with the same results. Did not find any fish on the graph. Trolled out from the back of the three canyons with no hits. Had on pointers and a fat Shad rap. Started hitting the structure with Ned rigs and plastics and never caught a fish. Did see an otter at the very end of Hansen and watched it catch a fish and take it up on the rocks, we couldn’t get any closer cause we were in 3 feet of water and he was about 50 yards away. I know about the picture thing but if I post the one with our phone I would have to circle it for you to find it, sorry I didn’t have my camera with today. There are 5 of us fishing and not much extra room. Heading to GH in the morning to colored water and hopefully some catchable fish. Saw water temps today from 49 to 55.6.
Hope you find them up there. We found some very willing stripers in the very back of Iceberg on Tuesday and caught several smallies and a 3lb LM. Read a report in Cedar about 3-6' stripers and wow, same happened in Iceberg. Have fun

Last edited by a moderator:
We went to GH today, picked up a nice LM a couple of real fat SM and one striper. Turned the LM back and had fish for super with the others! Neither us or grey hackle found stripers today, it still was an awesome trip with family and it didn’t snow on us. Caught the fish on swim bait, Ned rig and lucky craft pointers. We threw everything with five of us and nothing was consistent.

978E7DF8-C2CF-4D37-93D6-40AE27B753CA.jpeg
6EA4DBF0-F639-48EE-A04E-775895072C42.jpeg

The LM was 2 1/2 lbs

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking smallmouth's, love there pattern. Dworwood, do you have the Los Angeles hat on? I'm just trying to put a name, that I see on here with a face. Look's like a great day at Powell.
Have a good one.
KyKevin

No,I took the picture. That is my two grandsons, their dad and their other grandpa. There is only one picture of me on this site that I am aware of and it was last July with some stripers I caught in a boil in the mouth of the SJ. I am camera shy! The small mouths were the best ones I have caught here, they were fat. One thing I noticed this trip was the lack of bait balls, maybe that’s why we never found stripers cause we never found the bait. I forgot to mention the water temp yesterday, I never saw it over 55 even in the colored water.

Two of this crew has to be back for work by 4 so we will miss the afternoon bite for sure. I would like to try bullfrog but that will have to wait a few weeks until I can get back down here. Thanks for the tips and help everyone, it is unbelievable how great the people on this site are to help and be kind. Stay safe Everyone.

We went to GH today, picked up a nice LM a couple of real fat SM and one striper. Turned the LM back and had fish for super with the others! Neither us or grey hackle found stripers today, it still was an awesome trip with family and it didn’t snow on us. Caught the fish on swim bait, Ned rig and lucky craft pointers. We threw everything with five of us and nothing was consistent.

The LM was 2 1/2 lbs
Dworwood,
Glad you all got to get on the water and catch a few fish...looks like a fun group!
We have had a lotta "stuff" going on, so have not made our spring trip and actually may not get there for a while...and on top of that, I was planning an upgrade, so I sold my Trolling Motor and Fish Finders off the boat...and have yet to replace them...lol

Hope we have the opportunity to run across you all at the Lake, this Summer/Fall...!
Stay well,
the BarzArz's

Thanks everyone for the advice, I had a newbie with me this trip that likes church history and at almost 70 had never been on the lake so we headed to hole in the rock this morning and only threw a lure a couple of times, no real fishing today but I have to agree with you all, the only striper we caught was in like 5 feet of water in the back of a canyon in GH. Wish we would have had more time to fish but any time on LP is good time. The water this morning was glass going south and check out a couple of pictures in a few minutes on LP fav pics. I will get them up in the next few minutes. Fishing was different for sure. Totally enjoyed the time with my grandkids, son in law and his dad. It is a little more difficult to fish with 5 people, Dungee you are my hero, you must have a ton of patience! Can’t really give much of a report but the fish we did catch were fat and healthy.

Dworwood
It's a crazy world out there right now, and I'm sure you had some relief from it, being at Powell. And I guarantee you had more fun then all of us that were at home listening to all the crap going on, whether you killed them or not. The time with those kid's is priceless. Hope to run into you some day.
Have a good one.
KyKevin

Dworwood
It's a crazy world out there right now, and I'm sure you had some relief from it, being at Powell. And I guarantee you had more fun then all of us that were at home listening to all the crap going on, whether you killed them or not. The time with those kid's is priceless. Hope to run into you some day.
Have a good one.
KyKevin
Likewise, and you are right, it was a great trip with no tv on! Loved those three days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back