Bring your rain gear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havalina

Escalante-Class Member
I am heading down to bullfrog tonight and will be there until the 22nd. If you are going to be there over the weekend, bring your rain gear. It rains on me more often than not when I go to powell. The only accurate for cast that I have seen. Is if the forecast says wind, it will certainly blow. Maybe, I will get lucky and get a few glassy days, but I would still bet on rain.

Hopefully, I will have some pictures to show off when I get back.

Mountainman and Doug,

I am sorry that I missed you, but I had a major problem. I ran out of room to store my fish. So, I ended up coming home a day early.

The stripers are now throughout the water column. I was using my downriggers from 10 ft to 60 ft and caught fish at every depth in bullfrog.
The walleye are hitting now also, but not like the stripers. I mainly stayed away from the bait balls. The hit every lure that I put in the water as long as it was shiny. The average size was 22 in and they are so fat, I though that I was cleaning lakers. The only downside was the bite did not start until 12:30. I will post pics as soon as my pics upload. Total count was 33 stripers 4 walleye, 29 in was the largest.

speed 1.8-3 mph
depth 10 ft to 60 ft.
lure anything shiny
12 lb ball with steel lineACCE2706-C528-4FA2-A8E9-8988417A33F8.jpegC9A8D1C6-61CC-4B9C-8307-3C59964BA5D3.jpegE50B70FB-DF59-4C7F-89C3-B116ABCDAB30.jpeg

Last edited:
It is the only time to go. Very few people and great fishing. I seem to get rained on alot, but on the calm days you can be in shorts and a t shirt in 40 degree weather. The only downside is you have to have all of your fish cleaned early, because if you wait until 3:30 or 4:00. You might find yourself cleaning fish in the low teens, which really sucks.

Mountainman and Doug,

I am sorry that I missed you, but I had a major problem. I ran out of room to store my fish. So, I ended up coming home a day early.

The stripers are now throughout the water column. I was using my downriggers from 10 ft to 60 ft and caught fish at every depth in bullfrog.
The walleye are hitting now also, but not like the stripers. I mainly stayed away from the bait balls. The hit every lure that I put in the water as long as it was shiny. The average size was 22 in and they are so fat, I though that I was cleaning lakers. The only downside was the bite did not start until 12:30. I will post pics as soon as my pics upload. Total count was 33 stripers 4 walleye, 29 in was the largest.

speed 1.8-3 mph
depth 10 ft to 60 ft.
lure anything shiny
12 lb ball with steel lineView attachment 6596View attachment 6598View attachment 6597
Nice fish! Sorry we missed you and Doug, was hoping to meet some folks on here.
I read your fishing report yesterday morning before heading out, it help us put some fish in the boat. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back