Bow mount trolling motor on 240SD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance Cue

I have an 02 searay 240 sundeck that I would love to figure out how to mount a trolling motor on the bow. Has anyone, who is familiar with these boats, seen or mounted one themselves on these boats?. Ive been thinking about it since I bought it late last year. I know it will have to be quite a motor to move the boat but just cant figure a good way to mount w/o totally being in the way. Would love to beat the banks like the small fishing boats on calm days! On the other hand, the windy days I'm happy I'm on a large boat...

Lance

My name is Glen. I've mounted them on the 27.4 funships. If all possible I'll be at Antelope point from April 24 to April 29. You are welcome to come down and take a look. If you cant make it maybe we can swap telephone numbers and I can take some close up pics for ya. I wouldn't do nothing less than a 36 volt. I favor the riptide I pilots. I can even show you how I have the batteries mounted up front under the seats. If I don't get back to you. You will know why I am gone for a week. Tight Lines.

Lance

My name is Glen. I've mounted them on the 27.4 funships. If all possible I'll be at Antelope point from April 24 to April 29. You are welcome to come down and take a look. If you cant make it maybe we can swap telephone numbers and I can take some close up pics for ya. I wouldn't do nothing less than a 36 volt. I favor the riptide I pilots. I can even show you how I have the batteries mounted up front under the seats. If I don't get back to you. You will know why I am gone for a week. Tight Lines.
Thanks for the reply Glen. I think the funship might have a bigger flat area on the bow than my sd. The only flat area i have is the anchor storage area, but i may be wrong about what you have done. I am a northender so won't be making it your way anytime soon. I'm sure a 36 volt is probably the only option. I would like to see pics of what you have though, might give me ideas. Tight lines to you as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back