Boil Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dungee

Keeper of San Juan Secrets
Finally!!!! I apologize for how long this took to put together... This video is crazy and is essentially straight raw footage put together over our three + days a couple weeks ago on the northern end. We just called it a movie since its so long but the entire video is all boils, it was awesome! If you don't have time to see it all id suggest watching one of the bigger boils we got into starting around the 33:30 mark, some of the craziest synchronized mass feedings we've ever seen! Sorry for the delay, and sorry for the length, but there was just too much action to not cut out! Boils are the best!

Preston

that's amazing, my arms got sore just watching . I like the way you guys are able to fish that many poles without tangling up , and Nixon is becoming quite the fisherman;)

Great video, as usual.. Preston, how would you rate the water clarity on the 10 scale... thanks. Butch

Great video, as usual.. Preston, how would you rate the water clarity on the 10 scale... thanks. Butch

Different in spots, if 1 is chocolate milk and ten is crystal clear... From Hite down to Farley id say a 3, Farley and White were in the 6 range, outside of white and farley heading down lake it gets a little more dirty til about two mile, more like a 4 or 5. From two mile on down it becomes a 6 again getting better as you go. Sorry, hopefully that made sense ha.

The recent T-storms here in Western Colorado have turned the river from it's usual summer cloudy to running chocolate milk color again. I have the feeling that until the Monsoon lets up the very top of the lake is not going to clear up this year.

I'm new to the forum and relatively new to fishing and I watched (enjoyed) that entire vid LOL.

I couldn't help but wish you would either say what lures you're using or hold them in front of the camera so a new guy can see what's working.

It would also be cool to add text on the vid and provide some GPS coordinates (assuming you want to give away your secret spots).

Thanks for sharing.

I couldn't help but wish you would either say what lures you're using or hold them in front of the camera so a new guy can see what's working.

It would also be cool to add text on the vid and provide some GPS coordinates (assuming you want to give away your secret spots).

Thanks Chris! Glad you enjoyed the video! The actual teaching/demonstrating aspect has been the hardest part of film making for us (that part just doesn't come natural I guess)... But we do have a few different videos with more of what you're looking for. Start here, this video shows the one bigger rig we use and a few different lures that we have had success with for boils.
As for coordinates/locations we mostly fish the northern end of Good Hope Bay on North for Striper boils.

Preston

Hey Preston,
Another great video, love the constant action. I do think Nixon could out fish half the guys that go on our annual fall trip, he is a chip off the old block for sure. Thanks again for sharing, hopefully we will meet you guys some day. Happy fishing.

Preston, another amazing video...! I don't know how many times we watched it and still oooh and aaaah!
We got into some good Striper action in June, but it pales in comparison to your video! lol
Like ColoradoStriperKiller, we are planning a September run, so this keeps us tuned up!
We might need Nixon to guide for us!
Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Preston, another amazing video...! I don't know how many times we watched it and still oooh and aaaah!
We got into some good Striper action in June, but it pales in comparison to your video! lol
Like ColoradoStriperKiller, we are planning a September run, so this keeps us tuned up!
We might need Nixon to guide for us!
Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Thanks BarzArz! We probably won't make it down again till the beginning of October so let us know how you do! Nixon would gladly guide you guys, he accepts payments of goldfish, gummy worms and apple juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back