Bob Reed Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
Bob ran uplake and back on his jet ski last Friday. He stopped a few places to search for fish. He found striper schools down at 70 feet. He tried a large 8-inch spoon and caught a fish and hooked others on his regular copper colored spoon. All stripers were caught at 70 feet. The smallmouth was caught at 40 feet on a hula grub. The big walleye was north of the Horn (Near Trachyte). Yes he ran from Wahweap to the north end of Lake Powell and back in one day on a jet ski. Yes he is super man!
1-1.jpg

Resized_20191214_081942.jpg

1.jpgResized_20191214_121719.jpg

Last edited:
Wayne, why are you posting Reed's reports? This is "our" Reed right?

Yes it is Reed and I posted his pictures so he could drive home and warm up. Just wanted to show those fat fish found lakewide: Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great trip. I share my reports with Wayne. Great to catch fat stripers. Water was a consistent 54 degrees the entire lake. I think the fishing will only improve as winter moves along. I only wish I could call them in like Wayne does...

Love to see people's passion for fishing! Specifically how Lake Powell can pull you in like a magnet and transform a human being into doing something others would call 'dangerous' all in pursuit of something you love. It's all about perspective and relativity, we have too many safety nets these days. Great for you Bob looks like another beautiful day @ Lake Powell, thank you for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back