BOAT U.S. on Powell

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are contracted with Executive Services at Bullfrog.

When I inquired I was told that you might have to pay by credit card for a tow and then get reimbursed but was told you will be reimbursed.

I’ve always been more concerned with needing a tow for the houseboat. Someone else suggested in that event to just take your runabout to the marina and rent one of the blue tops and use it to tow the houseboat in which would be cheaper than having Exec do it. That would get you to the marina. Still be tough to get it back in the slip.

They are contracted with Executive Services at Bullfrog.

When I inquired I was told that you might have to pay by credit card for a tow and then get reimbursed but was told you will be reimbursed.

I’ve always been more concerned with needing a tow for the houseboat. Someone else suggested in that event to just take your runabout to the marina and rent one of the blue tops and use it to tow the houseboat in which would be cheaper than having Exec do it. That would get you to the marina. Still be tough to get it back in the slip.
Boat US just told me that there was “No out of pocket” charges if ARAMARK did the tow, they do all the paperwork directly with ARAMARK. I’m thinking of changing to Boat US but if it’s a pay now and hassle getting reimbursed later I may stick with Progressive. Sq

Last edited:
Boat US just told me that there was “No out of pocket” charges if ARAMARK did the tow, they do all the paperwork directly with ARAMARK. I’m thinking of changing to Boat US but if it’s a pay now and hassle getting reimbursed later I may stick with Progressive. Sq
I think the "no out of pocket" is if you call Boat US first. Or use their app. Which is pretty difficult considering the cell service at the lake.
I’m away from town and don’t have the info in front of me, but I added a $14 (?) option to my BoatUS policy recently and it now covers towing for any vessel I’m on - including the houseboat. I’ll try to find it when I get back.
I didn't renew my coverage, but what I was told was that the Boat US policy (the $100 one, not insurance through them) covered any boat I am an owner on. So that would cover me on my houseboat.

For what it is worth, most of the houseboat policies also include towing. At least the last two I looked at did.

Thanks but I don’t see a houseboat in my future, being on a fixed income and all. Sq
Sq, Some years ago Nan and I had a fuel problem and we're able reach Boat US by phone. It was pay exec svcs and get reimbursed at that time, but may be different now. I know they were working on an arrangement with them then.
GregC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back