Blue Notch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckeye

Blue Notch. Does anyone have a ideal what the lowest lake elevation at which you can hand launch a 14ft boat from the back of a pickup? Or which you can back to the waters edge?

I would bet you can launch a 14' boat, if the road has been graded and you can get in there. It's just a matter of road condition the 13 mile's to the lake, but with a 4x4, I would go for it, be sure to watch your weather before you go. Don't want to get caught with bad weather.

Thanks for the reply. I will watch the weather. My concern is if there is a point at which the lake would get low enough that i would not be able to back to the waters edge to unload the boat.

Thanks for the reply. I will watch the weather. My concern is if there is a point at which the lake would get low enough that i would not be able to back to the waters edge to unload the boat.

Let me look at a couple things. We’ve launched there in the past a lot. If I am remembering right it doesn’t get Sandy/sketchy til like 3590ish...

That's exactly what I need. That information might keep me from getting into trouble. Your generous with your time and information.

I had no problems launching 14' jon boat last may at 3580, backed right in. There was multiple places to back in. There was also 2 motor homes parked at the waters edge

I was in red canyon with the bigger boat out of bullfrog in April 3568, and you could have still hand lanched a small boat.

I am planning a trip late March. I looked at the lake data and the spring level last year never got below 3568. Lake level last year 1/10/19 was 3579, this year 1/10/20 is 3607, 28 ft higher than last year. If the rate of fall is similar to last year the lake level might be around 3596 in late March.

With reports of being able to hand launch at 3568 and 3580 last year I should be in good shape at 3596.

I really appreciate the impute and information. Any other input is still requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back