Blue Notch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPappas

looking forward weather permitting to fishing the North end for the first time. I have a 16’ Lund that i am able to hand launch. The plan is to take Blue Notch road and camp in Red. Super exited to explore this area.

looking forward weather permitting to fishing the North end for the first time. I have a 16’ Lund that i am able to hand launch. The plan is to take Blue Notch road and camp in Red. Super exited to explore this area.
Sorry for the dumb question but what are you calling “hand launching” thanks

Sorry for the dumb question but what are you calling “hand launching” thanks
Not a dumb question at all.Even thought I tow my boat on a trailer I don’t necessarily need to back down a ramp to launch. As long as I am not to far from the waters edge my son and I can take the motor off and remove the gas tank and everything else from the boat and carry it into the water. So as long as I can get to the water and it’s not to steep and can launch anywhere.

You shouldn't need to pull the motor off we were there last month and plenty of places you can back a trailer into, I would recommend 4 wheel drive though. We didn't drive down the road, came up from Halls Crossing so can't comment on the road, at least now, in the past we brought our 14 ft lund down and launched many times, no matter the water level.

Thanks for info GTH. Definitely have a good 4wheel drive truck that can handle the conditions. We have a 16’ Lund. Good to know that I should be able to back in and launch.
Thanks again.

If you have never been there at this water level you can' drive directly to the lake on the "main" road, but you should see where others have gone. Once you've found it there several spots, just keep looking, you'll find a spot. There is one spot that's a little bit of a challenge, but really not too bad. Actually I'm a little jealous, always loved camping right on the lake.

If you have never been there at this water level you can' drive directly to the lake on the "main" road, but you should see where others have gone. Once you've found it there several spots, just keep looking, you'll find a spot. There is one spot that's a little bit of a challenge, but really not too bad. Actually I'm a little jealous, always loved camping right on the lake.
looking at google maps i can see it splits of in many directions. With the amazing map detail i am able to trace back from the water to the main Blue Notch road. I am sure it will be a lot different once i am behind the wheel but confident i will get where i want to be making sure i remember the landmarks from the map where i need to turn.Love google maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back