blue notch launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big one

Hello a friend of mine is inquiring about launching at Blue notch 17 1/2 foot boat with a 90 on it is this possible for him at this Lake elevation and is Road worthy of driving down. If anyone has any information that would be great thank you

This is a response on an earlier thread, "Blue Notch Road and Launch". Sounds like the road is as bad as usual, but launching a smaller boat is possible.

My son and I bounced down into blue notch last Thursday. Overall the road wasnt that bad. a few of the wash crossing were steep on both sides. It took about 1.5 hrs from the pavement. There is one super steep section close to the lake but we pulled it fine. We got lucky and took the right branch of road when we got close to the lake and found a good place to launch just south of Monte Cristo island. Good rocky bottom with just the right grade. The weather was very Dynamic with storms and wind and cold. We did catch some fat stripers trolling the midline at the mouth of red. Thanks for all the info.

Hello a friend of mine is inquiring about launching at Blue notch 17 1/2 foot boat with a 90 on it is this possible for him at this Lake elevation and is Road worthy of driving down. If anyone has any information that would be great thank you
I wouldn’t do it

Years ago I saw a fisherman tear an axle off his boat trailer launching too big of a boat at Blue Notch. Nice launch and retrieval for smaller boats

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back