Blue Mesa perch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see a size listed but I've heard there's some big ones in there. A friend of mine caught a pile of them there one day and threw em all back, he said he didn't know what they were and wasn't going to eat them. Hooboys.

I didn't see a size listed but I've heard there's some big ones in there. A friend of mine caught a pile of them there one day and threw em all back, he said he didn't know what they were and wasn't going to eat them. Hooboys.

What a fool! Yellow perch are as good to eat as walleye, and that's saying something. When you can get them the size of this one you've really got something! :D

Ed Gerdemann

Wow!! Good to know that Mother Nature is trying to give us an alternative (even if she did have help from humans introducing an unauthorized species 🥴) I'd still rather have the kokanee.

Those perch get huge eating little crawdads. Caught some beauties up at Ruedi Res. above Basalt Co. Illegal transplants, probably from Harvey Gap. Blue Mesa probably came from Crawford. Six at 11 inches. My wife & I will eat these guys anytime.
1565446348187.png

Last time I caught jumbo perch was ice fishing on the St. Marys River in the UP of Michigan. Early 80s Coast Guard days. 😋

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back