Big Fish Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added a couple more pictures of trophy stripers to the "Pictures" thread in Announcements. I also put a sticky hold on it so it is at the top of the list of threads.

Look here: https://wayneswords.net/threads/pictures-of-big-stripers-caught-at-lake-powell.1229/

This is trophy fish season. A great time of year to catch big fish at the lake.
Wayne, which end of the lake would you prefer to fish in January? It is only 30 mintutes difference for me to go to either ramp. I would like to try an early trip for strippers, I have never been there before April.
Thank You DW

During our annual sampling we found much greater numbers of stripers in the northern lake. I would go to Bullfrog and try there in the close canyons. If that does not produce well enough then take the cold boat ride to Good Hope and Striper City. In Lake Powell, all you really need to do is find that large school and get them started. That will keep you busy for a couple of hours (plus filleting time).
Either north of south works but I suggest you go north. Let us know how that works out.

Last edited:
During our annual sampling we found much greater numbers of stripers in the northern lake. I would go to Bullfrog and try there in the close canyons. If that did not produce well enough then take the cold boat ride to Good Hope and Striper City. In Lake Powell, all you really need to do is find that large school and get them started. That will keep you busy for a couple of hours (plus filleting time).
Either north of south works but I suggest you go north. Let us know how that works out.
Thank you, I will report how it goes. Merry Christmas everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back