Bass willing to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt Douglas

We are heading down today for a few days (hopefully) of fishing. We will just be around Bullfrog. Saturday doesn't look too promising weather wise. Just wondering if the bass are ready to play yet around the shore?
Thanks

We are heading down today for a few days (hopefully) of fishing. We will just be around Bullfrog. Saturday doesn't look too promising weather wise. Just wondering if the bass are ready to play yet around the shore?
Thanks

Die hard bass anglers have gone out all winter and have found some limited success. The bite is slow near shore, but there are some big bass willing to cooperate. You will catch a few but they will likely be worth a picture. So bring your camera and your favorite cranks and plastics bait and go to work!

I'm heading down tomorrow as well. Hopefully we'll find a few willing to try their luck. I'll be in a red and white Triton if you see us.

Dam I’m super jealous. I can’t wait to go stick a few bass. Be sure to give us a report so I can live vicariously through you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back. No bass, but didn't give an effort. Our boat was only a small aluminum boat with 15 hp. We stayed in the buoy field, where KSL filmed. Results: 1 stripper, 3 bites, all trolling. Nothing jigging or on anchovies. Guess we will try later, when it warms up. Weather was great!

Just got back. No bass, but didn't give an effort. Our boat was only a small aluminum boat with 15 hp. We stayed in the buoy field, where KSL filmed. Results: 1 stripper, 3 bites, all trolling. Nothing jigging or on anchovies. Guess we will try later, when it warms up. Weather was great!

You did better than we did Thursday. Got late start and only trolled for about two hours, marked couple good schools but no takers. Wanted to jig but wind kept switching on us, and boat needs new battery so I was gun-shy until I get new crank battery installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back