Back of Navajo - Still Produces! 7/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIS MCBETH

We took a quick trip to Powell over the weekend and took our dog Millie for the first time.

Having no time to read the recent reports and getting a VERY late start on Sunday I reached out to Wayne and he suggested we head to the back of Navajo.

Besides being a stunningly beautiful ride, our trip paid off!

We ended up catching four really nice sized Striper and two beautiful Walleye in about 3 hours of fishing!

This was trolling from 2:45pm until 4:00, then an hour relaxing on a small beach south side of Navajo about a mile before the end, then trolling again from 5:00 until 7:00.

We trolled at 3.7mph using Bomber Deep Fat Free Shad crankbaits (20’ Deep crankers). The water was 82 degrees.

In a side note: the little beach back there had a large 12x12 shade that someone had set up to “save” their camp side. There were chairs and umbrellas and trash all over the place. The “shade” was blown into a twisted mess and their trash was blown like a dump site. Paper, bags, cans, debris ALL over the beach and in the water.

There were also banana peels, orange peels, and cigarette butts everywhere.

Amy and I spent 30 minutes cleaning up after these folks, and left a note asking two things:

1) when leaving camp secure anything that can blow away
2) Clean up after yourself so others don’t have to

Honestly it made my blood boil, these people who obviously have no respect for our gem.

I felt like that Native American dude from the 1970s commercial about pollution... a little teary-eyed.

Wayne if you feel up to it, send a ranger back there. If those people are still there my guess is that place looks like a dump again. They’ll find a broken shade, and Utah Utes chairs and an umbrella along with human feces and garbage everywhere.

To end this on a high note: this garbeach is the exception. Our experience has been that most people are not so disrespectful!F8CE668C-83F4-4FEF-B75E-CAC9DD28FB44.jpeg61A96AB8-AE79-40F7-A75D-05EA9FE34397.jpeg654482D7-4CDE-408D-980E-FF5254E938FB.jpeg8B6B3DCF-4FF1-4A5C-8405-FA5B8907E583.jpegE8FBCEE3-E43F-41B1-A090-282238F0445B.jpeg438F5D1F-4AE9-425D-9E74-58A33D86BD63.jpeg

Last edited:
Littering is a serious offense in AZ that can also result in revocation of hunting and fishing licenses. It is a pet peeve of mine too. Hopefully, the culprits can be found and prosecuted. Thanks for your help and congrats on the fish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back