April 3, 2018 - Bass and Crappie

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
Tuesday, 03 April 2018 09:55Bob Lemons

This is Bob Lemons. I just signed up as a member on your website and will be posting in the future under the screen name of, "Fursniper." I will be fishing very frequently between now and the end of May and will provide results of my trips on the message board. Here is the info from my most recent fishing trip.

I fished 2 days near the back of Last Chance on March 28-29 with Ron Chapman from Page.

First day we landed 2 crappie, 1 largemouth, 1 smallmouth, and 1 striper. We fished hard from 1030am to 5:30pm.

Second day we fished the same places and landed 3 crappie and 3 smallmouth. We left Last Chance around 5pm and stopped along the east wall of Padre Bay and caught 2 more smallmouth there. We fished hard from 10am to 6pm.

Water surface temp stayed consistent at 58*F both days. Our targeted species were LMB, SMB, and BC. We were fishing less than 30 feet deep using 1/8 to 1/4 ounce jigs that were either chartreuse, smoke with silver flake, or pumpkin colored. We had to work a lot of shoreline to catch these. Overall, we landed 13 fish consisting of 4 different species in 2 days.

Here are the photos.

This is Ron Chapman. He has lived in Page since 1974 and these are the first crappie he has ever caught in his life. He actually caught 3 in one day in the back of Last Chance and created a once in a lifetime memory....LOL!
This is Bob Lemons. I just signed up as a member on your website and will be posting in the future under the screen name of, "Fursniper." I will be fishing very frequently between now and the end of May and will provide results of my trips on the message board. Here is the info from my most recent fishing trip.

I fished 2 days near the back of Last Chance on March 28-29 with Ron Chapman from Page.
First day we landed 2 crappie, 1 largemouth, 1 smallmouth, and 1 striper. We fished hard from 1030am to 5:30pm.

Second day we fished the same places and landed 3 crappie and 3 smallmouth. We left Last Chance around 5pm and stopped along the east wall of Padre Bay and caught 2 more smallmouth there. We fished hard from 10am to 6pm.
Water surface temp stayed consistent at 58*F both days. Our targeted species were LMB, SMB, and BC. We were fishing less than 30 feet deep using 1/8 to 1/4 ounce jigs that were either chartreuse, smoke with silver flake, or pumpkin colored. We had to work a lot of shoreline to catch these. Overall, we landed 13 fish consisting of 4 different species in 2 days.

Here are the photos.

This is Ron Chapman. He has lived in Page since 1974 and these are the first crappie he has ever caught in his life. He actually caught 3 in one day in the back of Last Chance and created a once in a lifetime memory....LOL!-
rchapmanbc.jpg

rchapmansmb.jpg

Thanks for posting my last trip report for me Wayne. I'm still new here and learning the website. Got my avatar and signature line set up. I'll be fishing again next week and will try to post the results myself on the forums. This is my 1st post and so far this website has been easy to figure out. I have enjoyed reading the info from others. Appears to be a nice community and I'm starting to feel at home already. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back