• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

April 28, 2018 - Sam Sherwood and Sam Isaacson

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
My young friend Sam Isaacson had never been to Lake Powell or had a lot of fishing success but today he got to change that.

We launched out of Wahweap about 10:30 and thought we’d go looking for bass beds with the water a little warmer than my solo trip this past Monday. We did find a few but never could see fish on or near them. We killed about 2 hrs looking and fishing unproductive areas with little to show for it so I finally worked our way up to the Dove Canyon area and then over into the Dungeon Canyon area later. From 12:30-5pm we caught 55 fish inc 2 nice LM, 4 stripers, and a bunch of pretty good smallmouth. The Ned Rig did a lot of the damage in 5-10’ of water for the most part. It was great to see young Sam get on a good bite and catch a bunch! The water was 63-66 degrees and of course very clear. A little wind helped ripple the water and give us some ‘cover’. I hope to be back again before the great bite slows down!

Sam Sherwood
Mesa, AZ

Attachments

• IMG_2801.JPG
    IMG_2801.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2805.JPG
    IMG_2805.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.