April 11-14 fishing trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

camochad

We camped and fished face canyon and had a fantastic trip. We boated about 150 fish mostly striper but did well on small mouth bass as well, we also landed crappie sunfish and my first ever shad. The best fishing was near the back of the canyon but anything with any structure at all held small mouth bass that were easy to catch. I use lucky craft pointers almost exclusively and they worked well for the stripers and bass. We did try and troll in some of the more open water but it was slow so we spent most of our time near the back of the canyon. Lake Powell is awesome, I wish it was closer to home (orem) so I could go more often.

We camped and fished face canyon and had a fantastic trip. We boated about 150 fish mostly striper but did well on small mouth bass as well, we also landed crappie sunfish and my first ever shad. The best fishing was near the back of the canyon but anything with any structure at all held small mouth bass that were easy to catch. I use lucky craft pointers almost exclusively and they worked well for the stripers and bass. We did try and troll in some of the more open water but it was slow so we spent most of our time near the back of the canyon. Lake Powell is awesome, I wish it was closer to home (orem) so I could go more often.

Welcome and thanks for the great first introductory report. I think you have found a home here. Glad to have you.

Thank you for your report. My brothers and I are headed up in 2 weeks I'm looking forward to it. Can I ask what kind of lucky craft pointers were you using

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back