Anyone go fishing today? :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on our houseboat in Bullfrog. Last night was clear, full moon, beautiful. This morning several inches of snow covered the docks and continued to come down. A winter storm advisory had been put in place for GCNRA. I packed up and went home... :(
What was the temperature this A.M? Sq

When I woke up it had just started (photo below). I thought it might blow over, but then found the advisory online that was in effect until 8pm. By the time I packed up and left it was probably approaching 4 inches (no photo). It was starting to hide many of the red cleats on the dock.

If anyone is planning a lake trip you should wait a week since the next snow storm will be here this weekend and after that storm clears out the nightly temperature will be in the teens with daytime temps all the way up to 35 degrees. This is now like ice fishing but without any ice! Water temp was 44 this morning. I am excited to see what March weather looks like.

I guess you could bring snow boards and snow pants but that is not the normal Lake Powell adventure.

That is a summer picture on my weather station from the deck. About 14” on the ground. This snow doesn’t help Powell, front range Colorado. Sq
Yep - BUT the more that you get over there - MAYBE there will not be more diversions from the west side!!🙃

If anyone is planning a lake trip you should wait a week since the next snow storm will be here this weekend and after that storm clears out the nightly temperature will be in the teens with daytime temps all the way up to 35 degrees. This is now like ice fishing but without any ice! Water temp was 44 this morning. I am excited to see what March weather looks like.

I guess you could bring snow boards and snow pants but that is not the normal Lake Powell adventure.
My guess is Reed thinks it's time to hit the lake.

Yes my plan was to be at The Lake when it's snowing. My real job had other plans. I will be there next weekend. Let's hope for more snow. I am thinking Gunsight again as it was a great campsite and I get 4G service with schooling Stripers...

Let me get this straight. You have "4G service with schooling stripers". So you get out your phone and click on stripers and then follow the pings to the striper school??? Do I have that right. I am going to start taking my cell phone with me more often.... That is going to be so cool for your clients to dial up fish on cell phones..

OR Maybe I did not understand that correctly. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back