Any Fishing Updates from the San Juan

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowellBride

Staff member
Has anyone done any fishing on the SJ - particularly for LMB or SMB. Thinking about heading down that way on Saturday for a week.

Has anyone done any fishing on the SJ - particularly for LMB or SMB. Thinking about heading down that way on Saturday for a week.
'Bride
We hope to be on the lake next week as well. We have never been up the San Juan, but its on our list this time, assuming our new (to us) boat is performing well. This will be its maiden voyage! At least anywhere South of Montana, it may not like warm water! :)
Maybe we will cross paths, will you be in that nice Ranger?

'Bride
We hope to be on the lake next week as well. We have never been up the San Juan, but its on our list this time, assuming our new (to us) boat is performing well. This will be its maiden voyage! At least anywhere South of Montana, it may not like warm water! :)
Maybe we will cross paths, will you be in that nice Ranger?
Once you do the Juan you will be spoiled. If you do try the SJ, know that once you get past the mouth there is a 10-12 mile run with very few camp spots, so you're kind of committing to come in a few miles.

I will have that new Ranger (Bass N' Time II) only it's 2nd outing. We will also have friends Stratos with us and our old, but faithful houseboat (Make A Motion) - Skipperliner with black canvas (and a yellow kayak for a splash of color). Should be camped in the bay around Cha - possibly a bit further in depending on camp sites - Wilson, Shoot the Chute or the area between Deep and Desha.

Once you do the Juan you will be spoiled. If you do try the SJ, know that once you get past the mouth there is a 10-12 mile run with very few camp spots, so you're kind of committing to come in a few miles.

I will have that new Ranger (Bass N' Time II) only it's 2nd outing. We will also have friends Stratos with us and our old, but faithful houseboat (Make A Motion) - Skipperliner with black canvas (and a yellow kayak for a splash of color). Should be camped in the bay around Cha - possibly a bit further in depending on camp sites - Wilson, Shoot the Chute or the area between Deep and Desha.

Thanks for the info PowellBride!
I hope we get to say hello...I know its dangerous with the Zombie's, unexploded WWII ordinance, massive whirlpools and such, but if we make it through, we will try and say hello.

Just my wife and I in a silver over white 20' Crestliner, Silver Honda OB and Merc kicker!

In any case, wishing you a great trip!

Thanks for the info PowellBride!
I hope we get to say hello...I know its dangerous with the Zombie's, unexploded WWII ordinance, massive whirlpools and such, but if we make it through, we will try and say hello.

Just my wife and I in a silver over white 20' Crestliner, Silver Honda OB and Merc kicker!

In any case, wishing you a great trip!
😎

So far fishing has been steady, but mostly on the small side. Did catch a few really nice LMB our first day out. Will post photos once I get them off my husbands phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back