Antelope Point - Valet Boat Launching

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIS MCBETH

Has anyone here used this service?

If the public ramp at Antelope is closed by October, do the valets have a private ramp to use?

We’d rather launch at Antelope to get up lake quicker, especially if the Castle Rock cut through is questionable or closed by then too.

Thanks for any feedback.

From the AP website:
Antelope Point Marina

Valet Boat Launching

Get a jumpstart on your Lake Powell adventure. Fast track your boat launch with our valet launching service. Your precious time on the Lake should be just that—on the Lake. Not spent waiting for your watercraft to be ready to go or struggling with do-it-yourself launch and retrieval.

Our valet launch service is available to streamline your boating experience, even in the off-season, when public ramps are closed, ensuring you always have access. Our valets will ease your transition into the water and out, setting you up for a memorable trip and a trouble free return. Experienced boaters who know how to handle even the largest craft, you can rest assured that you’ll be in able hands.

Contact our Boat Valet Office at 928-645-5900 ext. 5032

Hours of Operation 8 am – 5 pm M -F
Rates – Call
How to Contact for retrieval – Call

FWIW
Goblin

Chris,
We use them almost every time we go because we are launching two boats at the same time with two people. For the most part they are great to work with. Just radio or call from the buoy line and they will send one of the young men down to get you. Sometimes if they are busy you might have to float for a little bit. They have helped me load batteries, ice and whatever when we need it. We usually tip them $5 or so.

Chris, apm Valet is a great option for you, but you will likely want to leave your boat in the water as using Valet daily would get costly. This time of year lots of day slips available that you could leave your boat in overnight at apm.

From the AP website:
Goblin

Thanks Goblin. I saw that too but was uncertain if they use the public or a private ramp somewhere near the marina.

I tried calling earlier in the day but nobody answered so I left a message and didn’t hear back.

We would definitely leave the boat in a slip during our stay to avoid the retrieval and launching fees every day!

APM has a private launch ramp that is good for another 30 or 40 feet.

I would call for their hours if you are wanting early or late launch options. Their hours are 7 to 7 during the summer but likely on fall schedule now. Hopefully they will answer.

APM has a private launch ramp that is good for another 30 or 40 feet.

I would call for their hours if you are wanting early or late launch options. Their hours are 7 to 7 during the summer but likely on fall schedule now. Hopefully they will answer.

Excellent. Thanks Pegasus

APM public ramp is still open, but getting close to not being usable. 1/2 of it is now closed off unusable. I'd imagine smaller boats are still fine launching, but larger ones are likely out of luck. I used it 10 days ago for a 25' boat haul out and it was ok with room to spare, but going down a foot a week I'm sure it's getting close to unusable for the rest of the season.

Just found out about 89 sinkhole at Cameron...detour adds 189 miles (about 3 hrs best case) so i am cancelling the trip and going to Alamo instead chasing crappie!

So it looks like you will have all the fish :(

Keep an eye on it, as right now it is saying extended closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back