Antelope Point Marina Valet changes/trip report

Status
Not open for further replies.

FantaSea

Hi all, thought I'd share our recent 3 day trip up to the lake. We Just pulled off the lake today. This was our first trip of the year. So more work than leisure
We launched ourselves at AP public ramp for the first time ever with our class C V10 RV. Which did a good job. Our boat is 27' and weighs about 6500 lbs dry. For the last 7 years we always used APM valet service to launch our cabin cruiser which they always used a pickup truck but last Thursday they said our boat was too big and their pick up trucks were getting too worn out to launch our cruiser. But we could use their semi for 45$ round trip! Anybody else have similar experience? I wonder if they had an accident? We've had some guys in the past launch/retrieve us who were obviously inexperienced. I hope they get better trucks so we can use their valet service again, can't beat the convenience for 40$ total. We went to Last Chance . There were quite a few beaches on the left hand side NW? But Surprisingly the beaches we saw were taken so we went into a NE Canyon probably 3rd from the end and found a nice small beach to anchor on all the way in the back we benefited from shade in am till about 10am and shade in the evening 6pm. The water level was coming up so fast We guestamated at least 1/2 foot a day! Lots of drift wood halfway back. Saw another otter way back in last chance in a pile of wood rolling around in it.
Unfortunately our gas gage stopped working my husband Matt who's a great mechanic poor electrician, couldn't get it working. Can anyone suggest a good marine electrician in Page?? Planning our next trip for mid-July and already missing the lake.

Marine gas gauge works exactly like a car gas gauge so maybe try Liberty Auto in Page. Sorry I don't have the phone number.
Hi all, thought I'd share our recent 3 day trip up to the lake. We Just pulled off the lake today. This was our first trip of the year. So more work than leisure
We launched ourselves at AP public ramp for the first time ever with our class C V10 RV. Which did a good job. Our boat is 27' and weighs about 6500 lbs dry. For the last 7 years we always used APM valet service to launch our cabin cruiser which they always used a pickup truck but last Thursday they said our boat was too big and their pick up trucks were getting too worn out to launch our cruiser. But we could use their semi for 45$ round trip! Anybody else have similar experience? I wonder if they had an accident? We've had some guys in the past launch/retrieve us who were obviously inexperienced. I hope they get better trucks so we can use their valet service again, can't beat the convenience for 40$ total. We went to Last Chance . There were quite a few beaches on the left hand side NW? But Surprisingly the beaches we saw were taken so we went into a NE Canyon probably 3rd from the end and found a nice small beach to anchor on all the way in the back we benefited from shade in am till about 10am and shade in the evening 6pm. The water level was coming up so fast We guestamated at least 1/2 foot a day! Lots of drift wood halfway back. Saw another otter way back in last chance in a pile of wood rolling around in it.
Unfortunately our gas gage stopped working my husband Matt who's a great mechanic poor electrician, couldn't get it working. Can anyone suggest a good marine electrician in Page?? Planning our next trip for mid-July and already missing the lake.

Bulldog Marine is great.
Called Bulldog today talked to JD she said they could get to my boat in a couple weeks which was fine by me, then a Karen called me back and said the "boss man "said they were too busy even to consider my business . Very surprised by that. I told them I only needed my gas and tempature gauge looked at maybe that was the reason? Also Spoke with Paul the manager at Liberty auto he told me they stay away from Marine work but he gave me a few names to try which I greatly appreciated.

Actually a fairly easy process to trouble shoot and as long as your boat has a decent access for the fuel sending unit even that replacement is not to bad. You won't know what has to be done until a diagnostic procedure is completed. It may be as simple as a loose/disconnected wire. FUEL GAUGE AND SENDING UNIT TROUBLESHOOTING ON YOUTUBE will really help you. Good luck. I know some boats have wiring in places that could make it hard to follow the same path so you you may have to get creative if a wire has to be replaced. Ohm meter is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back