Another needless death

Squirrel

It seems like a "Boating 101" should be required before a boat gets rented. I know we don't need more regulations, but this is crazy. I have been on the water, (started skiing at 5 years old,) for 60+ years and if required I would take a course. Sq

What a shame and I agree this did not have to happen. People just need to use some common sense especially when you are on a lake as big as Powell. Things happen fast and conditions change extremely fast.

Waterbaby

Staff member
Sad for these people. Same thing we discussed in the last incident and over the years there has been other drownings when people stopped houseboats midlake for a swim and the boat drifted, people drowned, boat drifted from shore in wind, owner tried to swim to it and drowned..... simple rule for anyone who owns a boat or is renting a boat - If you are going to stop and dive in for any reason, put on a life vest. Doesn't matter if you think you're a strong swimmer, a cramp in a leg - all kinds of things can happen. Lakes are not swimming pools. A vest can save your life.