Another good trip to Powell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooner

We arrived at Bullfrog on the 14th and camped in Stanton Creek or what's left of it. On Monday we fished our way up to good hope bay. Didn't catch anything till we got there. Trolled with bottom bouncers right in the bay for about an hour and caught 6 descent Walleye. By that time it was time to head back to Stanton Creek for some dinner.

Tuesday we stayed around camp with the wind. Went out late Tuesday in station Creek and caught a couple bass and one deasant LM.

Wednesday got up and heled my dad get out oh Stanton Creek. After that we castes on Stanton Creek for a while and the wife caught one SM, ate lunch and we went to halls Creek and trolled for whatever would bite. My oldest son caught all the fish that day and all he used was a black and silver walleye diver and caught 2 nice crappie a walleye, one SM and one striper. Oh yeah and I did catch one SM.

Thursday was an eventful day to say the least. My oldest son wasn't feeling good for a couple days and we decided my wife would drive him to Green River to the doctor to see if he had strep throat. Which he didn't. So she drove him all the way to Price to get a blood test and it showed that he has Mono know as the kissing disease and prom was Friday before we left. :unsure: while the wife was taking care of him we stayed close to Bullfrog to have cell service. After we found all the info out and my wife left him home and headed back to Stanton Creek the youngest boy and I went up towards the tapestry wall and casted the banks that had any rubble on them and caught a few SM and one really nice fat one ready to spawn before we headed to camp to meet back up with my wife who put many miles on that day.

Friday we packed up and headed home to Price. All in all it was a good trip all things considered. Got to spend a couple of days with my dad and a couple good days with the family doing what we love to do and that is going to Powell.

Have to say thanks to Dungee and other's for all info they put out there as we caught the majority of our bass on the Yamamoto hula grub and pumpkin 3" tube jigs. Keep up with the info and videos dispite what others may think of them. It all helps others to enjoy their time at the lake which is what it is all about. By the way they enlarged the coefer dam at the ramp and looks like they might extend the ramp. Sorry no pics of the progress. Launching at the primitive ramp was a breeze and I have a 23' boat.

Tight lines and good times!

IMG_20190416_200445930.jpgIMG_20190416_200153852_HDR.jpgIMG_20190417_144111785_HDR.jpgIMG_20190417_154644083_HDR.jpgIMG_20190417_161620832_HDR.jpgIMG_20190417_164110282_HDR.jpgIMG_20190418_143939898_HDR.jpgIMG_20190418_151913264_HDR.jpg

How was forgotten canyon if you went there? That's our normal houseboat spot since it is in the middle of all the slot canyons and we get there next sat for a week. Thanks for the post.

How was forgotten canyon if you went there? That's our normal houseboat spot since it is in the middle of all the slot canyons and we get there next sat for a week. Thanks for the post.
We only fished right at the mouth of the canyon and didn't catch anything. Enjoy your trip.

We did, but not as many as the week before. We went up lake Tuesday and had our best day, fifty fish in 7 hours. Fishing Stanton was fair to good at times. I think it’s getting a lot of pressure because of the low water. Last weekend the tourney guys pounded it.

Last edited:
I’m glad to hear he’s doing better. We fished Red and Ticaboo Canyon. We mostly used a drop shot and weightless senko, in green pumpkin and cinnamon colored. Also, single tail and hula grubs worked well in the heavy structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back