Amazing fishing between Bowns and Escalante

Status
Not open for further replies.

davew

Spent a week with the family July 13 to 20th --- only got out fishing several hrs a day due to other water sports, but while I was out, the fishing was fantastic.
Stripers --- small quick boils all day from Rincon to Escalante. If water was glassy, you could target the small boils -- if a little windy-- trolling shad raps was the ticket.
Small mouth --- Best fishing I have had for smallies in years --- Fishing the main channel between Bowns and Escalante was amazing. 20 fish per person per hour was done several times. Fish are very healthy. All we threw was single and double tails in green colors. By the end of the week, I was out of jig heads, and most plastics -- also did well before sunrise with top water.
Large Mouth --- best bite was pre sunrise with topwater --- nothing huge, but the ones you got were fun
Walleye --- the ones we got were in great shape -- If we found one, in a spot we would generally pick up several more. They were very good eating.
I had several family members that had never fished for small mouth / large mouth/ walleye -- needless to say, they are hooked -- they are already talking about another trip.

Attachments

• 2018powell.jpg
    2018powell.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 2018powell2.jpg
    2018powell2.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 97
... only got out fishing several hrs a day due to other water sports, but while I was out, the fishing was fantastic.

That quote should read: only got out skiing several hrs a day due to fishing...

sounds like you you had a great time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back