Aluminum boats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlesaltwash

I got to researching all welded aluminum boats that are common in the Pacific Northwest like North River, thunder jets, Hewes, alumaweld,etc, etc. I really like the construction with one piece .190 or .250 hulls, welded keel guards, OB brackets, and nice “cabins”. It seems like these boats would be trailer-made for western resevoirs except for one thing: The bow is pretty high off the water and is a small for a dedicated fishing station with TM and electronics up front. Does anyone know of a similar constructed boat that has more room and is a little lower up front? It would seem to me that a company that introduced a model that has a station up front in addition to the trolling and fishing space in the back would do well in the fishing boat market.

Check into Kingfisher Boats they make a ton of models of Aluminum boats from offshore to river Jet, to more traditional fishing styles. They are made in Canada and have a great reputation as a fine boat!! A friend of mine has been considering ordering one for his next Lake Powell boat.
They are not cheap, but he tells me you get what you pay for !! Here is there Web address

Littlesaltwash, as we have talked about my boat in the past it is an all around boat for me. Most of my fishing in my local area is trolling with down riggers. The front worked great for casting at powell the last two trips and at times there were two of us fishing up there. Not perfect but not bad. we had four of us and like Dungee said it takes some working together but we did not have any problems. I do have a long handled net. I hope to meet you down there and you can get a good look at mine. Not for everyone but it sure works for what I do. I guess that's why they make so many stinking different boats! I will say it was nice to get out of the weather and for me in the summer I can get out of the sun as well.

One thing to consider is that some of these boats are made for rivers and have shallow Vee's as it progresses back to the back to reduce draft. A buddy of mine brought his down to Powell one time to fish for Stripers and it was a great boat to fish out of, but going across Lake Powell chop beat the tar out of you. The shock absorbing seats did help. Don't let this scare you away, just be aware. There are great models as well designed for coastal waters that would excel.

I have a lowe 175 fishing machine Pro Series 100% welded aluminum plenty of room up front for fishing, trolling motor and electronics. It also has a live well on one side and storage on other. I have only owned it for 13 months but we are very pleased

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back