8/28 Southern lake no boils

Status
Not open for further replies.

budwon1

Went out yesterday 8-28 in the gray light looking for boils, starting in Wahweap. A light windchop on the water makes it a little more challenging to spot. Nothing. All morning and all the way through the narrows, nothing. We did stop on the usual places suspecting they were sitting deep, but again nothing.
After 9am we decided on a change up, and headed to Last Chance for some smallmouth action, and it did not disappoint. Using 4" Yozuri stick baits, small Pointers crankbaits and 3.3" chartreuse Keitech plastics on Dart hedz, we scored some nice fish. Caught about 25 fish including 3 very healthy largemouths.
All fish were released except for a couple of future fish tacos.

Attachments

• IMG_9861.jpg
    IMG_9861.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_9841.jpg
    IMG_9841.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_9846.jpg
    IMG_9846.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 70
Went out yesterday 8-28 in the gray light looking for boils, starting in Wahweap. A light windchop on the water makes it a little more challenging to spot. Nothing. All morning and all the way through the narrows, nothing. We did stop on the usual places suspecting they were sitting deep, but again nothing.
After 9am we decided on a change up, and headed to Last Chance for some smallmouth action, and it did not disappoint. Using 4" Yozuri stick baits, small Pointers crankbaits and 3.3" chartreuse Keitech plastics on Dart hedz, we scored some nice fish. Caught about 25 fish including 3 very healthy largemouths.
All fish were released except for a couple of future fish tacos.
Thanks for the great report. I haven't heard much going on in Last Chance lately. I was just getting ready to ask if anyone has been up in there. You saved me the time. I fish Last Chance a lot in May and always seem to have great success on the smallies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back