62-year-old Texas Man the 4th Person to Die at Lake Powell in August

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at Utube and the amount of people that do stupid stuff “NO LIFE JACKET” I’m surprised we haven’t had way more fatalities be safe put a life jacket on!!

I have to respectfully disagree with your comments. As USCG veteran and a seasoned LP boater, I know it's not always as simple as "put on a life jacket" or "people do stupid stuff". I don't wear a life jacket 100% of the time when on the lake.

Experience, situational awareness, weather, bad or no advice from a rental agent, instincts.....

My point is, that sometimes it's just an unfortunate situation and a good person enjoying his time on LP ends up losing his life. I feel for his family and friends.

We had some items wash off out boat in the main channel by Antelope after crossing a wake on Labor Day weekend. My son's friend who's a strong young man asked me if he should jump in while we were trying to grab the items. My response was "No, it's not worth the risk". I'd rather loose the items then someone off my boat.

That's two that I know of that Ice Cream has taken. A man was watching a flash flood, he didn't realize the bank he was standing on was undercut and it collapsed. Roll of the dice.

That's two that I know of that Ice Cream has taken. A man was watching a flash flood, he didn't realize the bank he was standing on was undercut and it collapsed. Roll of the dice.
Was that this year or in the past? I can see how that could easily happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back