2019 Changes to fishing license requirements - Thank You AZGFD

PBH

Concerning using 6 rods at a time: This is directly related to crappie / bluegill fishing, right? Is this request speaking towards those "spyder" rod holders that will hold 4 - 6 rods used to fish for suspended fish?
1545064008370.png

If this is the case, I would have to be against this request. This does not fall into the management strategy for stripers. I could also see this request getting passed down the line to other avenues -- like ice fishing elsewhere in Utah. "hey, you can use 6 at Powell, why not at Jordanelle too?"

Murph McBride

I always figured that Utah was the hang-up. For a few years now, I’ve been able to fish Nevada and even California with my Arizona license, at least the Colorado River lakes.

Fursniper

More rod's, you have limit's, why should it mater how many pole's you use to catch them?
There is a restriction on the number of hooks or lures that can be attached to one fishing line, but at some point, increasing the number of rods or lines in the water might become in parody with using a trot line (fishing with several baited hooks on one line). Trot lines are illegal on lake Powell. Using too many baited hooks at the same time (trot lines) can interfere with an angler to control how many fish are caught, which species are caught, and hooking mortality preventing untargeted fish to be released.

EDIT: If an angler can fish with 6 rods having 12 baited hooks, I'm wondering if that would open the door to change the definition of "angling" by allowing one line to have 12 baited hooks, ie. allowing trot lines on Lake Powell.

Last edited:

KYKevin

So Fursniper, should there only be a certain amount of people, that you can have in a boat. I mean if you get 4 or 5 people in there, and there using two pole's a piece, is that considered Trot lining? I dont think so, and I'm not sure what your saying. But my opinion, is still the same, and I respect your's.

Fursniper

I see how my post was not clear. I edited the last sentence to explain my point better.

Last edited: