1972 Powell trip (not mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old Rainbow Bridge marina was an epic place. The only problem was navigating through Forbidding canyon in the summer time. The canyon leading to the marina and then Rainbow Bridge was narrow with high cliff walls. It was common to fight through 3-5 foot wakes caused by large boats that just rebounded off the walls all day long. It was a white-knuckler to get gas before the marina moved to Dangling Rope.

I don't know why, but the film quality and hair styles, even on the kids smacks more of very early 80's. But you know the provenance of the piece. Great pix and a great cabin cruiser. Some of those are still pleasing families today.

That is a fun video.

I do remember the old Rainbow Bridge marina. My favorite spot (as I remember it) was the cut out in the dock where the employees would toss in the dead waterdogs and the fish would go crazy eating them.

What year did they move the marina over to Dangling Rope?

I remember well using waterdogs
Caught some huge large mouth on them back in the day.
I can’t remember what year the moved the marina.

I have a bunch of slides from the 70's and 80's , if I wasn't so lazy to find them.. I don't remember the exact year , but it seems like it was in the earlier 80's -- '83-'84..

I don't know why, but the film quality and hair styles, even on the kids smacks more of very early 80's. But you know the provenance of the piece. Great pix and a great cabin cruiser. Some of those are still pleasing families today.

Potter - if you watch that video, you'll notice it isn't actually a video. It photos scanned to the computer and ran through iMovie. It's easy and you can add a soundtrack, makes it more enjoyable to look a photos. That's why the quality is so good, it's a modern rendition of photos.

Well, that answers that question. I've been a pro and amateur photographer since I was 14, so that is 58 years of seeing evolution in chemical photography and digital. My wife bought a very expensive image processing system to go over about 5000 images I inherited from my mother and father going back to the 20's. It is amazing how much can be fixed and enhanced with modern imaging software. Focus can be improved to a large extent, colors corrected damage etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back