14 tin foot boat fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 14' aluminum boat with a 9.9 HP outboard. Would you guys dare launch it at Wahweap and head to the dam to fish for stripers? I am looking at a 25 HP with console to install on the boat. Would you run to the dam with that on the boat? Thanks.

I have a 14' aluminum boat with a 9.9 HP outboard. Would you guys dare launch it at Wahweap and head to the dam to fish for stripers? I am looking at a 25 HP with console to install on the boat. Would you run to the dam with that on the boat? Thanks.

Sure I would do that. It is mostly wakeless trip all the way there. Go slow when you see a tour boat wake. Hit it at a 45 degree angle. You should be fine.

I had a little 14' aluminum boat with a 25 hp on it and ran it in Bullfrog Bay on a regular basis. Was a little spooky at times. But in your situation, if it's wakeless most of the way like Wayne says, you should be fine. Be safe and have fun

A couple of years ago I was talking to a guy from Wyoming who fishes tuna off the Oregon coast. We were talking about range and fuel burn per hour because we run the same kind of outboard. He said he's been 60 miles offshore and seen a salty old fisherman alone in a small aluminum boat with a 15 horse outboard come trolling by.

A couple of years ago I was talking to a guy from Wyoming who fishes tuna off the Oregon coast. We were talking about range and fuel burn per hour because we run the same kind of outboard. He said he's been 60 miles offshore and seen a salty old fisherman alone in a small aluminum boat with a 15 horse outboard come trolling by.
No Guts , No Glory.
Wakeless is fine just beware of the wind at times.

I have done this many times around Bullfrog. No problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back