12 volt / 120 ac coolers

Status
Not open for further replies.

4LOJO

Escalante-Class Member
Looking into buying one of these coolers but there's so many. Anyone have opinions on brands to go with or stay away from, recommended features any help much appreciated.

A new solar / self-contained outdoor gear company called ECOFLOW has popped up and they seem to be steamrolling to #1 spot in each category they serve.

I have the glacier fridge/freezer as well as the 2400 watt power bank and the smaller 1400 power bank as well. I bought at Costco road show and on Amazon Day so the pricing was too good to pass up.

The fridge has a battery that charges from wall plug, Solar or car 12 volt. The power bank also charges from all 3. The fridge will last about a day with internal battery before recharge is needed. It has a divider that when inserted separates the cooling area to freezer/fridge with temp control on each side. It even has an ice cube maker that takes like 5 minutes.

Both of the power banks are amazing with the larger one having a TON of output for microwaves, coffee makers etc.

They even have a portable battery operated air condition system for tents.

They have an app so you can even control things from your phone.

ECO FLOW

I love 100% everything. The price is spendy but worth every penny.

A new solar / self-contained outdoor gear company called ECOFLOW has popped up and they seem to be steamrolling to #1 spot in each category they serve.

I have the glacier fridge/freezer as well as the 2400 watt power bank and the smaller 1400 power bank as well. I bought at Costco road show and on Amazon Day so the pricing was too good to pass up.

The fridge has a battery that charges from wall plug, Solar or car 12 volt. The power bank also charges from all 3. The fridge will last about a day with internal battery before recharge is needed. It has a divider that when inserted separates the cooling area to freezer/fridge with temp control on each side. It even has an ice cube maker that takes like 5 minutes.

Both of the power banks are amazing with the larger one having a TON of output for microwaves, coffee makers etc.

They even have a portable battery operated air condition system for tents.

They have an app so you can even control things from your phone.

ECO FLOW

I love 100% everything. The price is spendy but worth every penny.
Thanks I'll take a look.

I'm not sure about the space you have but I went with a Danby 110 all fridge, it's huge, 11 cubic feet. Holds gallons of milk in the door, has LED interior lights. Nice looking and only draws 1 amp at 110volts. My 1200 amp hours of battery takes care of it for days in end. They are only about $800 bucks but it is onboard my houseboat so room for it and the batteries and inverter wasn't an issue. But the batteries and inverter were several thousand but we love the volume and we have a deep freezer on the front deck just like every other red neck on the lake. LOL

Bubbas stuff sounds cool though if you are more cruiser focused but so does his night time running hardware.

I have an Iceco as per littlesalts recommendation, so far I have loved it. They are on sale this weekend at a little over $100 off. If you are in town let me know and we’ll get together tomorrow. He has had his for over a year and I got mine in June. The sale ends Monday though, I have been watching for them to go on sale for about a month for a friend and he bought two today.

I'm not sure about the space you have but I went with a Danby 110 all fridge, it's huge, 11 cubic feet. Holds gallons of milk in the door, has LED interior lights. Nice looking and only draws 1 amp at 110volts. My 1200 amp hours of battery takes care of it for days in end. They are only about $800 bucks but it is onboard my houseboat so room for it and the batteries and inverter wasn't an issue. But the batteries and inverter were several thousand but we love the volume and we have a deep freezer on the front deck just like every other red neck on the lake. LOL

Bubbas stuff sounds cool though if you are more cruiser focused but so does his night time running hardware.
Sounds larger than I was wanting but thank you.

I have an Iceco as per littlesalts recommendation, so far I have loved it. They are on sale this weekend at a little over $100 off. If you are in town let me know and we’ll get together tomorrow. He has had his for over a year and I got mine in June. The sale ends Monday though, I have been watching for them to go on sale for about a month for a friend and he bought two today.
Thanks Dave they have really good reviews more the size and price was looking at.

We got an ICECO 65 and really like it. We use it just as a freezer for cleaned fish and for refreezing ice jugs which we can switch out in our RTIC cooler every other day. Since we boat camp I took out the boat’s bench seats and the Iceco and an aluminum dry box the same height then make into a bed. It draws about 4 amps per hour. When in freezer mode, set at 0-4 degrees, I can disconnect at night and in the am the digital display still shows temps well below freezing. On our last trip I used one side as a fridge and other as a freezer. It seemed to struggle in that configuration but I figured out that I had almost blocked out the air vents for the motor. That and 100 degree heat made it tough. It still worked well but a lesson learned. I have a 206 amp hour lifepo4 house battery that powers it. Dave W is using a regular battery with his 45 and I will be interested in how that works.

Attachments

• IMG_0502.jpeg
    IMG_0502.jpeg
    457.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0503.jpeg
    IMG_0503.jpeg
    432.9 KB · Views: 26
I run mine off of whatever battery is in the vehicle I am in at the time. We moved my GS to his base in California and I ran it off the truck, the truck sat for 18 hours without being started and had no problem when we did start to come home. It runs off my boat cranking batteries and again no problems. In my case I am running the “vehicle” enough that I’m not worried about losing my battery and so far it has performed great and it works better than I expected. I hate to make recommendations on something I have only had for a few months but so far I am darn impressed with mine and it has only been used in the summers hot temps and it works great, no more soggy food and worrying about ice in the SJ.

We got an ICECO 65 and really like it. We use it just as a freezer for cleaned fish and for refreezing ice jugs which we can switch out in our RTIC cooler every other day. Since we boat camp I took out the boat’s bench seats and the Iceco and an aluminum dry box the same height then make into a bed. It draws about 4 amps per hour. When in freezer mode, set at 0-4 degrees, I can disconnect at night and in the am the digital display still shows temps well below freezing. On our last trip I used one side as a fridge and other as a freezer. It seemed to struggle in that configuration but I figured out that I had almost blocked out the air vents for the motor. That and 100 degree heat made it tough. It still worked well but a lesson learned. I have a 206 amp hour lifepo4 house battery that powers it. Dave W is using a regular battery with his 45 and I will be interested in how that works.
You got me thinking maybe you already looked into it would be nice if they made a size that would fit inside the compartment under bench seat. I'll have to take some measurements might need to put a couple vents in for airflow, even if cushion wouldn't fit wouldn't be that big a deal .

I have two different Iceco’s and am really happy with both of them. During the day when i’m boating I run them off a 12 V plug wired directly to my backup deep cycle battery. At camp I power them off of a Jackery 1500 - which I recharge with solar panels each day.
They are incredibly efficient, and have no problem during summer days freezing water bottles that I then use for regular unpowered coolers. This system has allowed me to shore camp all week without going back to the marina for ice. A real game changer for us.

To keep charged I mounted two 100 watt solar panels on top to a solar controller which is connected to a DC to DC charger. The system charges the 12v house battery and the 24v trolling motor battery. I have to blame all the upgrades on WW threads. Several years ago Barzarz opened my eyes to lifepo4 batteries, and somebody else on WW mentioned Will Prowse in relation to lithium Batteries. I chased that and ended up getting all my components from Current Connected out of Nevada. Their service and tech help is over the top. As a newbie trying to learn the new jargon and setting up a charging system it was much appreciated. The 2 panels have a 41” x 41” footprint. (Wired on is another DIY project🙄)

Attachments

• IMG_0506.jpeg
    IMG_0506.jpeg
    639.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0505.jpeg
    IMG_0505.jpeg
    430.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I have two different Iceco’s and am really happy with both of them. During the day when i’m boating I run them off a 12 V plug wired directly to my backup deep cycle battery. At camp I power them off of a Jackery 1500 - which I recharge with solar panels each day.
They are incredibly efficient, and have no problem during summer days freezing water bottles that I then use for regular unpowered coolers. This system has allowed me to shore camp all week without going back to the marina for ice. A real game changer for us.
Thanks looks like Iceco is the way to go.

I have a 53qt BougeRV 12v/110c freezer/fridge and I love it so far. It draws a max of 63 watts when trying to cool down and while maintaining temp it cycles between about 49 and 0 watts. I kept having to raise the set temp as it was freezing our drinks. 😆

I run it off DC when in use and use 110 to chill it down at the house before we leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back