10/29-11/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDPJ

Spent 5 days on the lake for tough fishing
About 1.5 days into the trip we experienced a 20 degree temp drop. Friday the second was the first time I’ve been skunked at Lake Powell and there were 5 of us. We fished mainly in bullfrog on the marina side of the haystacks rather than the main channel side. We also fished Halls Bay, lake canyon, Moki and good hope Bay. Best hit was Wednesday morning in the cold wind in front of the haystacks. We got on a school that stuck with us for a while and 5 of us got around 50ish. Tube jigs and spoons was the bait of choice. Nothing much else to report from anywhere else. Saw lotta striper down with shad in GHB but they weren’t playing. One of the best pictures ever from halls! Panoramic is way better but its too large. I also caught my first crappie from Powell A0D95857-71B5-48EC-8028-A6E038AE546D.jpegE97A6A35-3DC9-4FF4-BAC1-123C41A6ABB4.jpeg

We collected fish from Bullfrog on Monday and Tuesday with similar results. Stripers were missing in action from 9-3, then the took off again at 3 PM till dark. They hit in the morning from dawn to 9 AM. We caught stripers from the same school you mention in deep water right in front of the haystacks at the entrance to Bullfrog Bay (right shoreline heading in). Small pool with 100 foot depth surrounded by a 30 to 50 foot shallow flat. We got over 50 there as well.

We collected fish from Bullfrog on Monday and Tuesday with similar results. Stripers were missing in action from 9-3, then the took off again at 3 PM till dark. They hit in the morning from dawn to 9 AM. We caught stripers from the same school you mention in deep water right in front of the haystacks at the entrance to Bullfrog Bay (right shoreline heading in). Small pool with 100 foot depth surrounded by a 30 to 50 foot shallow flat. We got over 50 there as well.
That sounds about right. They would vanish at times nowhere to be found. Definitely seemed like the volume in that area was thinner than it was in September. Definitely an odd fall in terms of fishing. Last weeks trip we never saw a striper break the surface, nor did we visibly see shad anywhere 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back